Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ken

Insurance
« on: June 11, 2007, 07:08:33 pm »
Come August I will need to renew my personal accident and public liability insurance. I have used Academy Insurance for about 5 years but they really dropped the ball this year on my instalments meaning I have had to pay 8 month's worth in 2 instalments which has been a drag. I work mainly domestic with occasional commercial, I use a wfp where appropriate, and a Rojak if up a ladder. I have never made a claim, so have NCD I suppose! I guess I want a minimum of £1mill PLI and ..what... for personal accident. Who do you guys use, how much cover do you have and what does it cost? Are you covered if unable to work because of a non-cleaning accident (I tear about on my mountain bike when not working, Leckhampton Hill if any one is Cheltenham local!)? Any info greatly appreciated.

Ken

Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 03:23:29 pm »
Nobody has insurance..?

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 08:52:17 am »
try www.assure-uk.co.uk

regards,

Trevor
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

steve m

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 05:38:01 pm »
I use a-plan, 1mill pl insurance £75.00 or there abouts

Ken

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 04:34:27 pm »
Sorry to necromance this thread but I've been getting quotes for Public liability and Personal Accident and just wondered if you thought they sounded about right.
Personal Accident (giving lump sum of £10k for death, permanent disability etc, and £250 per week for up to two years for non-permanent injury) is coming in at around £325 through A-Plan.
Public Liability (for £1 million) is between £70-80.

Are my requirements for personal accident low, should I be looking for a bigger lump sum etc? I figure the PLI is about ballpark. Any comments would be appreciated, I hate insurance in any of it's many forms but if I'm going to get it, I want a good one!
Ta