Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

darren73

backpack switching off
« on: August 08, 2007, 12:02:21 pm »
help,my backpack keeps cutting out,it works for about 1 minute max then stops  when i go back later it does the same again,it is only 4 weeks old,has anyone had this problem?

drakestar!

Re: backpack switching off
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 12:37:11 pm »
might be the connectors or the battery needs charging. if the light flash's red then it needs a charge

darren73

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 12:44:28 pm »
cheers drake,the red light is flashing but the battery has been charging all night,it looks like a faulty battery

Biscute

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 07:28:50 pm »
It will 99% of the time be the battery, did you charge it for 24 hours when u first got it? make sure the conections are ok and give it a very long charge.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 07:48:59 pm »
The terminals on my battery were very loose when I got it, it's worth checking them out.

geefree

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 08:03:16 pm »
Hi

It reads on the instructions that when the battery is just about flat it will cut out for a few minutes, then works for a few minutes to let you know it needs a charge, and the red light flashes...

i have had that before when battery was fully charged the night before.... it never charged up again, and is totally flat now....

if you have charged it as i did, it may be heading the same way.... maybe .

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 09:16:50 pm »
Hi Guys,

I found the charger that came with the Sureflo was crap and failed after about a month so I went out and bought a charger from Maplins AND a spare batter.

I now have 3 batteries and use a Maplins sealed lead acid batery charger. 
I have:
1 battery in use
1 battery spare (in the trailer box!)
1 battery on charge.

Also get a spare battery connector wire (the one on top of the battery with the fuse in it).  They sometimes go on you.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

darren73

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 09:29:09 pm »
thanks,all useful stuff-i phoned the supplier and he told me to charge it all night and if its still the same he will get it changed.where did you get your spare battery and connector lead david and how much-sounds like ill need them,also is the charger from maplins quicker-cheers

davids3511

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 04:15:18 pm »
Hi David

I would be interested in where you got the extra battery and the extra lead too.

Thanks

David

Clear Vision

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 05:12:49 pm »
Hi David

I would be interested in where you got the extra battery and the extra lead too.

Thanks

David

MAPLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

davids3511

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 09:03:47 pm »
Sorry smart arse, perhaps I should have explained. I am not all that well up on leisure bateries and their component battery chargers and cables, and would like not to waste my money on the wrong item.

Now I tried searching Maplin for a 'spare battery connector wire' and surprisingly I came up with nothing. Now instead of taking the time to be a clever lad with your reply, why not try and be constructive?

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 09:18:42 pm »
Clear visions answer was a correct answer?
your battery is available from Maplin, and its doubtfull if you could buy the leads complete, so there fore you will have to make your own, all the componets are available from Maplin.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 09:29:08 pm »
davids3511,

I get my spare battery leads from CLEANTECH.  Mike and Justin keep a couple of BPs for spares so have usually got things in stock.

The other alternative is to pop into your local Maplins and ask if thier electronics  department can make one up.  Next time I an in Grimsby, during the week, I am going to take my spare lead in and ask then.

David.

Oh, PS, Matt-----Don't be such a CLEVER DICKIE ;D ::)
Not Perfect - But Honest

davids3511

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 09:38:05 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I will see if Cleantech have any available. Every time I need to reconnect the lead to a battery I have to stop for a second to make sure the fused part goes in the right place. Knowing me one day I will get it wrong and loose a day or twos work wating for a replacement. A spare would be handy.

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 09:44:02 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I will see if Cleantech have any available. Every time I need to reconnect the lead to a battery I have to stop for a second to make sure the fused part goes in the right place. Knowing me one day I will get it wrong and loose a day or twos work wating for a replacement. A spare would be handy.

David
Just wrap a little red insulation tape around the black and white wire, just near the connector, this way you can't get it wrong, even if you did you will only blow the in-line fuse, carry a pack of spare fuses with you 10amp red ones, available from Halfords.

davids3511

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 11:07:31 am »
I should never have replied to this topic, it was just inviting disaster. Travelled 30 mins to my first job today to discover I had the battery, backpack and everything else except the little connector cable we were discussing last night!!