Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

Strenthening Fishing Poles
« on: August 06, 2007, 11:39:56 am »

Hi group,well I`ve finally done it.I`ve got myself a second hand  Try-Cast XRS `Venom` fishing pole that takes me up to around 45 feet,which is where approx.
I need to be.Cant hardly believe how light it is.Anyway,as I see it,strengthening
The end that takes ya goosenecks and ya brushes etc. is definatley a serious business,
Otherwise they won`t last two jobs.I`ve thought about expander foam,some kind of
Filler material or whatever.You experienced fishing pole `gurus` what have you done
To `beef` up ya pole ? Thanks in advance for all comments and replies.

Lewis  Doubtfire, ( The Blade Runner )
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

NWH

Re: Strenthening Fishing Poles
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 05:54:27 pm »
The only section i would say foam fill would be the top section to start off with,and to strengthen up the bottoms of the sections i use insulation tape,stops the splintering.

Count Phil

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 06:00:45 pm »
where you stick the gooseneck in, triple-but it.

Use the bits you don't use, cut them to size and superglue them around the neck, make then about ten centimetres or so. Remember, triple thickness. Oh, and it's loooaaaads stronger than you think. Seriously. You start off careful and then soon you're pushing windows shut and all sorts.

busted

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 06:26:26 pm »
if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for it and where did you get it from

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 06:51:50 pm »

Thanks Philip,I think I can see where your coming from.Funnily enough it sounds
A very practical way of doing it.Seriously can ya close a window at 45 feet ? What
Strain and pressure is there on the modular sections say 20 feet further down which
Is approx. 20 feet feet up of course? `Busted` I got it at an angling supplies and repair
Shop near Halifax in West Yorkshire.

Lewis Doubtfire ( The Blade Runner )
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

NWH

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 08:10:21 pm »
Lewis DO NOT try closing windows with modular poles,they WILL snap.That`s the only downside to them.

Count Phil

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »
I was talking about domestics, not 40ft. Sorry, didn't mean to lure you into snapping the pole......

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 05:56:20 pm »
Expanding foam and gaffer tape do it for me!

Not too deep in with the foam tho' - or you'll lengthen the pole too much when it is "closed".
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 06:44:45 pm »

I`ve used Duck Tape and sections `cut down ` like Philp described.Then as Jeff Brimble recommended a short piece of end section Unger aluminium to take
Whatever brush or `pad` ya using. The Unger aluminium is detachable.It seems
Like this `thread` and the pole snapping `thread` are near as damn it one of the
Same.

Lewis  Doubtfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner