Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ned

Brodex
« on: August 04, 2007, 11:07:20 am »
Has anyone got or tried Brodex Prolong range looking at the 30 ft pole    cheers  Ned

john masterclean

Re: Brodex
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 11:15:22 am »
had 1 for about 2 months now with the trigger attachment. there quit heavy but very rigid and are guarenteed for 2 years its all about what you want lightness or longevity hope this helps

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 11:17:30 am »
I've got the pro long 25ft, it is as stiff as the 25ft facelift carbon with a similar weight. If you use a gardiners gooseneck, ionics multipole brush and lighter hose you will get the weight down even more. They have nice but caps too, very strong. Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

ned

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 11:30:50 am »
Cheers boys sounds like the powerpole stiff but a bit heavy            Ned

edd

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 05:53:53 pm »
Its not that bad and you get a bogof offer to I think it is an excellent pole EDD

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 06:45:16 pm »
no, its not heavy at all, you would have to be a weakling to thing its heavy, the 25ft weighs 2.9kg with all fittings and brush, a facelift carbon is 2.4kg and this is just as stiff, but look at the price difference
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

billygoat

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 06:49:09 pm »
v8edd,can you take sections off, cheers

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 07:28:33 pm »
no you cant take sections off, you get a free shorter prediotr pole anyway, so use that for lower work, Luke

groundhog

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 11:26:53 pm »
If the Prolong is anything like the powerpole I definetley don't want one!! The Predator pole is very poor, so no wonder they are giving them away for free!!!!!  ;D

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 11:42:54 pm »
If the Prolong is anything like the powerpole I definetley don't want one!! The Predator pole is very poor, so no wonder they are giving them away for free!!!!!  ;D

So you've said "If it's anything like" then go onto "The Predator pole is very poor"
Make up your mind, do you know anything about it or not?

Having numerous styles of poles, including Powerpoles, Predators and others I can assure you the Predator is vastly better than the Powerpole.

groundhog

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 11:47:09 pm »
I agree that the Predator pole is better to use than the Powerpole, but at least the powerpole is robust, the predator starts slipping after a couple of weeks use, and mine snapped 3 times before I finally threw it away after less than 4 months use! >:(

JM123

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 02:47:02 am »
Groundhog, I thought you were trad and in your own words 'I wouldn't let one of those bogbrushes near my windows'
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

groundhog

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 02:54:33 pm »
You obviously don't read my posts very carefully jm123 as I have been wfp for a long time!!!! And if you are going to quote me please get your facts straight as I have never made a statement like that or used the word bogbrush to describe a wfp brush >:(

NWH

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 06:43:09 pm »
JM123 i was thinking the same thing,when someone mentions WFP Groundhog normally jumps out of his pram.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 07:23:49 pm »
i think we all get misunderstood sometimes on the forums! :) Luke

groundhog

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 11:23:11 pm »
Again nwh you obviously have not read my posts correctly, I use wfp and have done for sometime now. But I am honest about its limitations, and realise that customers prefer their windows cleaned the trad way. That is why I mainly use wfp upstairs for health and safety reasons, and trad downstairs to keep my customers and myself happy. ;)