Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richy L

Re: Working three hours a week.
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2008, 09:58:46 pm »
DJW, are you just trying to wind people up?

If there are people out there willing to clean the same conservatory for £50, that you are charging £500 for, you will end up being reported to trading standards. Not to mentioned becoming a laughing stock!!

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2008, 10:30:15 pm »
ATTENTION ALL djw is not getting £500 for conservatory cleans ......this thread is pure sarcasm directed mainly at davo,i think his point was to see how many people on here thought that they might be able to get that sort of money for the job,not many judging by replies.personally i always make a higher hourly rate on cons cleans and fascias and i try to stack em for rainy days ,i can see the point in all this added value business but it will only take you so far,especially in the current economic climate,imo people happy to pay £500 to get their conservatory cleaned would have to spend several hours locked in a room with a salesman first

alanwilson

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2008, 10:51:40 pm »
This has to be the biggest lot of drivel ever on this forum.

£500 to clean a conservatory? 
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2008, 10:56:33 pm »
LJ, close  :) not really a wind up as such and not getting at any one person. I have always posted honestly in the past a bit like Squeeky, but anyone who tells it as it is gets hammered on this forum from several members who jump on the band wagon. So i thought i would turn it around for the night!
 Now, it's not all a p/take because the conservatory company i posted a link to does exist - it's genuine and i believe their prices are extortionate. So if they are getting customers at those prices what's to stop us getting some of them too? Davo has wound me up in the past but he has a point.
 I have never charged £500 for a clean and don't have the nerve to try but obviously it can be done, you only have to get a couple at that price a week and bingo!
Unusually common sense has prevailed for a change with mostly honest answers that come close to my own expectations.
I hope nobody was offended and can see the possibilities.  ;D ;D