Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gary evans

how much for fiat scudo exhaust
« on: July 25, 2007, 06:00:40 pm »
How much would you think for a fiat scudo exhaust.

A lot mention about fiat, unreliable & expensive for parts.

The exhaust is one complete unit, so unable to fit one of 3 sections. Which would be a lot cheaper.

Gary

Captain Scarlet

Re: how much for fiat scudo exhaust
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 06:05:30 pm »
the Scudo isnt unreliable though, and techincally it is not a Fiat, it is a hybrid of Expert/Scudo/Dispatch , they all come off the same production line, other Fiats may be unreliable but these three have proved themselves very good vans, Luke

ps. even better with the hdi engines, was in a taxi the other day, peugoet with a 2.0 hdi, it had three hundred and thirty thousand miles on the clock!!! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 07:21:07 pm »
They don't come off the same production line. They shared common development and design costs which were massive.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 07:35:32 pm »
I need a back box on my Dispatch but can only get the whole exhaust 3 sections.

£295 ouch!!!!!

It can wait till M.O.T time

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

windolene

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 07:38:11 pm »
Hi Gary,

Have you just brought an exhaust for a Fiat Scudo or are you doing some research before you buy one? I am in the market for a van & have been looking at Citron Belingos as they whiz past me on the road. Any remarks from fellow shiners on this van would be appreciated.

What does hdi mean?

Kevin windolene.

gary evans

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 08:19:07 pm »
The price qouted at fiat was £595.00 + vat + fitting.

I,ve ordered one from kwik fit, did a good check of van othersjust qouted on phone. Spent most of today looking for right price. £425.00 fitted.

Look on van to see if its got complete exhaust before buying one.

Can,t complain to much its out everyday, but, i,d recommend new or nearly new to anyone thinking of buying van & wfp syatem.

Gary

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 09:55:10 pm »
sorry to disagree rainwater but heres the evidence, Parkers Price Guide

Look in Summary toward the bottom

http://www.parkers.co.uk/vans/reviews/Review.aspx?model=289

or read it here

"The Scudo is built at the Sevel plant in Italy and rolls off the same production line as the Citroen Dispatch and Peugeot Expert. Although the three vans are essentially the same, there are minor specification differences between them"

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

archercleaningserv

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 10:13:52 pm »
GARY !!!!!!!!!!!

I have had a fiat scudo that i only sold less than 5 months ago & was told by the lying ba-----s at kwick fit ,that it had to be a complete full section at a similar cost to what you have been told.

I contacted fiat main dealer and they replaced the bac section at a fraction of the cost ,

if you need anymore help give me a call pal ,

chris 07788503775.

DONT LISTEN TO WHAT KWICK FIT SAY , THERE ABSOLUTLY W--- MATE

ATLEAST DICK TURPIN WORE A MASK  :P

Pittmonkey

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 10:28:01 pm »
In my case the reason I need a full system is because some time in the past a new back box had been replaced and welded onto the pipe to the cat instead of clamps.

I could have this done again but still ooking at £200. But if the next section to go was the cat (and at 130k miles on the clock its due) It will mean putting a complete system on anyway. So in my case it makes sense to have it all done at once.

£299 was at a company called Drive 2000 if you have a branch near you.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

gary evans

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 04:20:21 am »
Archercleaning, usually use small local firm to do all work, but newer scudo,s come with  a complete exhaust front to back. I had a couple of qoutes where they would cut and fit a middle section, but wasn,t to sure on fit.

kwik fit are only round corner & give 3 year warranty which is usefull with wfp putting strain on van. Fiat are weak compared to other vans, but, cheap & cheerfull to run.

I,m away on holiday next week? (Camping?) & the lads are running the van so it had to be done friday.

The problem is, Fiat fitting a complete unit to start, so you have to have a complete 3 section one when one section goes.

Gary

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 05:17:57 am »
you're rightLuke.

archercleaningserv

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 09:09:51 pm »
gary,
my fiat scudo was almost new mate & kwick fit told me because the back section had broken,i would have to get the complete 3 section as one whole unit.

i phoned fiat main dealer and was told only fiat have the parts to replace each section ,therefore i let them do it at a fraction of the cost.