Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

TDS METERS, HOW ACCURATE ARE THEY?
« on: August 01, 2007, 08:19:12 pm »
How accurate is this 15-20 quid tds meter?

are there more accurate ones, or is this accurate enough? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

Re: TDS METERS, HOW ACCURATE ARE THEY?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:21:30 pm »
More acurate than an inline one,i have both and my in line meter is normally 1or2 out on the higher side.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 08:30:13 pm »
here is some calibration fluid for tds readers, the tds makers suggest calibrating the readers weekly if they are used on a regular basis, Luke

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

john tomkins

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 08:48:25 pm »
Calibration fluid is ok but you must check at 25 degrees c, any side of that and you will be some way out

jouk45

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 08:50:15 pm »
here is some calibration fluid for tds readers, the tds makers suggest calibrating the readers weekly if they are used on a regular basis, Luke

i replace my old tds meter 6 months ago, seeing this thread, i looked at my meter. and there is no screw,
the whole thing is sealed. now to calibrate it . you have to open it by the screw, so have i bought a disposable one.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 09:02:35 pm »
jouk, go here for all your tds needs, Luke

http://www.tdsmeter.com/

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 09:07:17 pm »
jouk, go here for all your tds needs, Luke

http://www.tdsmeter.com/
thanks luke, what i am trying to say is to calibrate your meter, it has to be opened up,
the one i have is completly sealed,

KarlJones

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 02:08:24 am »
Jo, where do you put the battery in?  Mine has a little trimmer screw behind the battery it so I am assuming that is for the calibration.  I thought it was sealed but it wasn't as the top does come off.

Other than that, calibration fluid can be used so that you know when the meter needs replacing. 
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 01:20:54 pm »
or to use the calibration fluid to turn the screw and adjust the tds to the calibration fluids tds. Turning the screw clockwise makes the tds go up, anti clockwise, the tds goes down. Simply match the tds reading to the calibartion fluid, Luke