Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jikwan

Re: Floods
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 08:03:19 pm »
aw come on give me a rest!
anyway i think i did mention an industrial type hairdrier
Zen is the art of seeing everything.....noticing nothing

Pj

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007, 06:37:55 am »
I must admit when I saw the topic title of this thread I thought there would be hundreds commenting about the floods in the "bread basket" areas affected.

Llaaww

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 12:06:17 pm »
I think my old lady has got an industrial hair drier. the thing makes so much damn noise it must be. every morning at 6.30 she fires it up. I would get more sleep on the flight path to heathrow. :(
if it is dirty it is fair game

poleman

Floody hell!
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 10:53:36 pm »

texas girl

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 01:42:25 am »
Hey Guys,

I am deeply saddened by the news of the flooding in the UK.  We have also had flooding in Texas like we haven't seen in 60 years.

We have had rain almost every day since Mid April. I live above Belton Lake and it is higher now than anything since 1991 when the level rose above the spill-way. The road closed at that time; but it was winter. A time when rain was to be expected.

There is a large dam that I can see from my house. The gates are open in attempts to control the flooding but all the area rivers and streams are also flooded.

There have been 16 lives lost in Central Texas due to flash flooding in the past couple of months. Downtown Killeen, TX had 2 people drown that had been swept away in their vehicles. In the middle of the town. 4 children swept away from falling in the drainage areas.

Rain on the 4th of July in Texas? NO WAY! But yes; rain every day; scattered showers when there is only a 20% chance.

I feel for all the businesses that rely on dry conditions for income. Golf courses, water parks, anything outdoor dependent;construction, window cleaning, car washes, lawn services, etc.  The lake parks have been under water for 3 months.

All have lost thousands of dollars because of all the rain. Including me.
We are busy now but the showers turn all the residential customers away.

Thank God for our strong commercial base. I think that nature has cycles and we are in one of them that causes some to flood and others to have drought.

The past 2 years we had a terrible drought. This year flooding. Normally we would have temperatures over 100 almost  every day during July and August. Nothing over 95 this year and most days upper 80's. Very unusual.

I pray that the flooding crisis in the UK ends soon. To be living in those conditions would be a hell. We take so much for granted. What has happened is beyond "being uncomfortable".

Hope all gets better soon.

Hugs to all,

Texas Girl

Debbie