Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cleaner Windows

local business listing booklet
« on: July 23, 2007, 02:44:26 pm »
had my little w'cleaning advert in the local booklet now for just over three months (at £65 for 3 months black and white 1/4 page ad) i'm pleased to be able to say that the amount of customers i have has now doubled in that small amount of time!!, the calls have slowed down a bit now but still they come, slowly but definately surely ;) a lot of them are good earners too as where i live there are quite a few rich folk with big houses, one of them is a lord and has emus and other unusual creatures on his estate! strange but true :)

so for the people who posted on here before about putting an ad in one of these local business...thankyou, definately the best way of getting a load of new custom without all the legwork.

Cheers  ;)
when I'm cleaning windows

Majestic

Re: local business listing booklet
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 03:34:17 pm »
I used one in my area, had regular work from it but it slowed down. So am giving it a miss for a couple of issues

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 04:18:13 pm »
mine has slowed down too, but i'm assuming that its the time of year now? i reckon spring is the best time to do it really but i missed most of spring, next year i might put a big colour ad in at the beginning of spring.
im keeping the little b&w ad in for now, the way i see it at the moment is that even though im only getting maybe 2 or 3 new ones per week, these are paying for the ad over and over.
lol, actually, saying that....will i even get to clean these new houses with the weather at the moment?  ::)
when I'm cleaning windows

djhaydn

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 08:18:12 pm »
you cant beat the local contact/parish mags, i have advertising in 3 mags now, most of my new customers this year have come from them, but i am working in competion with Bod.
as we always say round here is."there is plenty of windows for everyone" true.