Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: Finally!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 02:36:55 pm »
forget it, I'm off, Luke

Good luck to you.
I'm happy to teach others too.  It just comes across better if you don't adopt an "I am the greatest" type persona.
Just as importantly (perhaps more so), I am also a willing learner.

sunshine windows

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 03:02:30 pm »
Ha ha,

Looks like this thread has been hijacked by Luke over the last couple of days.

Got back safe and sound at midnight last night/this morning.

Andrew McCann and his team worked their balls off to get the system ready for me in one day. They finally shut up shop around 7.30pm. Can't thank them enough for all their efforts.

Cut all my external hoses for filling and waste this morning and went to fill the system, but i've got a bloody leak on my garage tap connection. Tried 'metal epoxy' to resolve this but the water keeps finding its way out of the minutest of cracks. Just applied some 'Jointing Compund & External Leak Sealer' to the gaps in the epoxy to see if this solves the problem.

Going to have to wait a few more hours to see if this seals it properly. If not then i'll try some more of the sealer with the epoxy on top.

Has anyone else had to solve leakage problems and what materials did you use to cure the problem.

If it's not resolved tomorrow then it's back to ladders for a while till the plumber gets here to fit me a proper outside garden tap and connectors.

Cheers,
Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Pittmonkey

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 03:10:13 pm »
I think Lukes comments have been taken the wrong way. As Steve K pointed out the vocabulary could have been used more wisely but to me I understood what he was trying to get across and didn’t take it the wrong way.

His Quote
“I have double if not triple their experience with wfp without even earning a penny”

I think he was trying to say his “knowledge of the Wfp systems” is double or triple of other users. I can see were he was coming from as I’ve also read post from experienced Wfp’ers asking what seemed to be very basic questions and would have expected an experienced user to have known. But there again we all learn something new everyday.

From what I can gather he has put a hell of a lot of work into getting were he is and was only thanking people for their help and maybe looking for a little bit of adulation.

Now if you do read this Luke, I did say you came across as having a mature head on your shoulders. So don’t prove me wrong by throwing the dummy out of the pram and get back on and stand your ground and argue your point. This is also what the forum is for, you will always get two sides to an argument but you need to be in it to win it.

Wayne

Sorry Lance   :)
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 03:12:25 pm »
Now what have you gone and done? Lukes absconded.
He's only a kid, and i think he researched this as a start up business brilliantly.

Theoretical or not he did have a very good grasp of things, and re-esplained things in a bright ineteresting way. He will be successful and he has winner written all over him.

He did make a lot of posts, but the lads in a hurry because he's going places, so what?

sunshine windows

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 03:17:41 pm »
Coming completely off my own thread topic now  ::)

Why have Luke's original posts been deleted. I can see the posts in quote form but not the posts themselves

Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Pittmonkey

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 03:22:23 pm »
He has deleted his account Lance.

Hpoe you get the tap fixed and best of luck to you with your new system

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

xxmattyxx

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 03:26:01 pm »
I know the thread has gone off topic, but seems to me the kids got enthusiasm and ambition.

Good bloody luck to him.

Such a shame his attitude to better himself isnt reflected by others his age in the main.

Christ, I would never have tried to make something for myself at his age the way he obviously is.

I'll bet he's a national within 10 years  ;D  ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 11:28:13 pm »
I know the thread has gone off topic, but seems to me the kids got enthusiasm and ambition.

Good bloody luck to him.

Such a shame his attitude to better himself isnt reflected by others his age in the main.

Christ, I would never have tried to make something for myself at his age the way he obviously is.

I'll bet he's a national within 10 years  ;D  ;D

Maybe - but not with a TDS of 34 surely?
Seriously though, I do applaud what he is trying to achieve and respect his drive.  I also tend to research quite thoroughly before making a move so I can understand what he's saying.  However, I do feel that there is no substitute for practical experience.