Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Terms and Conditions
« on: July 14, 2007, 09:29:22 am »
Well I've formulated my terms and conditions list.  A very large thanks to Trevor Knight for supplying the basis for it.  I've made some modifications to it to suit my own circumstances and to try and hopefully make it seem a little less formal.

Comments welcome please.

N.B.  This is for domestic customers and will probably do for smaller commercial jobs too.

Please note the terms and conditions listed are generally not needed but exist only for those rare situations where a problem may occur.
1)   By accepting our quotation you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions.
2)   Cancelling our services must be done in writing (email acceptable) and with confirmation from us that we have received your letter. You will be given a cancellation reference. It is your responsibility to ensure we receive your letter at least 7 days before the next clean is due. We are not responsible for any communication that is lost in the post,
3)   If we arrive to clean your property and you no longer require our services then we reserve the right to charge 50% of the price payable for your clean to compensate for travelling costs and time wasted.
4)   To clean windows at the rear of your property we need to have access, therefore there should be no locked gates preventing access. We are happy to accept gate keys/padlock keys to enable access or for such keys to be left in a discrete place for our use.  Alternatively, where there is a numbered combination type lock, we will need to be given the access number. 75% of price will be charged if we cannot get access to the rear of the property and we will only clean what is obtainable from the front of your property.
5)   We operate a 12 monthly service throughout the year. This means that we may clean your windows during inclement weather. We reserve the right to decide if the window cleaning services should be carried out. Rain does not affect the quality of your clean. If you or your representative prevents us from cleaning, we reserve the right to charge 50% of the normal cost of the clean to compensate for travelling and time wasted.
6)   If you are not satisfied with our service or cleaning results please contact us within 48 hours from date of clean (08452 333444) and also confirm your complaint in writing. We will rectify to your satisfaction within 48 hours any poor work results (N.B. first cleans are excluded from this). If any complaint is proven to not be as a result of our window cleaning, we reserve the right to charge a call out charge of £10 to cover expenses and time lost. We do not accept responsibility for any complaints that are not made within the required 48 hour time. It is your responsibility to ensure that we receive your letter and that you obtain a reference number from us relating to your complaint.
7)   In the interests of health and safety, we request all small children and pets are kept inside the property we are cleaning or safely enclosed well away from the work area. The area should be free from any kind of animal excrement.
8.)   We will clean all windows, but any windows that are inaccessible or unsafe will not be cleaned.
9)   In the unlikely event of any accident, we do carry an insurance policy for public liability . Any accident deemed out of our control and as a result of fittings or glass already damaged arising from faulty construction, poorly maintained windows or conservatory roofs will not be accepted and the customer will be liable for any repair or out of pocket expenses.
10)  A risk assessment is carried out before commencing work in order to minimise risks to ourselves, the customer, the general public and their property.
11)   We will not accept liability for water damage to the property or the items therein where the windows have been left open prior to a clean or damage to the window or frame causing leakage into the property.
12)   Any claims must be made in writing and addressed to us within 48 hours of the liability arising. It is your responsibility to ensure that we receive your letter and you obtain a reference number from us relating to your complaint/claim.
13)   Payment for any service provided by us must be made within 14 days from date of clean. Payment can be made either by Cash, Cheque, or Internet Banking.  If late payment exceeds 60 days we reserve the right to make a late payment charge of £5 to compensate for all types of communication required to collect payment. If we are unsuccessful in recovering the outstanding amount due and the amount remains unpaid after 75 days from date of clean we reserve the right to take legal action to recover the debt and any added expense incurred with regards to it.  If 2 cleans have been carried out without payment, the service will be discontinued.
14)   We collect data from our customers in the form of Name, Address, Telephone Numbers and Email Address. This information is strictly for our own use and to assist in carrying out our services. At no time will your data ever be sold or passed on to 3rd party users. We respect our customers privacy.
15) We will remain polite, courteous, reliable and professional at all times.  If for any reason you feel that we ever  fall below the standards that we set ourselves, please let us know and we will endeavour to resolve the situation.

nat

Re: Terms and Conditions
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 10:19:28 am »
looks good to me Shiner!

i've been thinking about putting something like this together for a while now.

would you mind if i used this as a template?

best to ask than steal ;D

brett walker

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 10:46:42 am »
excellent  :)

brett

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 11:05:19 am »
looks good to me Shiner!

i've been thinking about putting something like this together for a while now.

would you mind if i used this as a template?

best to ask than steal ;D

Feel free.  Use your own phone number though as I don't want any complaints meant for you  ;D
Trevor Knight is the guy to thank for this.  Although I have bashed around the one he posted, it was his posting that formed the basis for what I have done.
I have selected a smaller font size (9 point) to enable me to fit the T & Cs on one side of A4.  I have put it onto the back of a quotation form.  The front of the quotation form is the .pdf file below.  Please note that to squeeze it all in, I have needed to use the herader and footer area of the page which can be selected in your word processor.
I want my business to start looking a bit more professional though I do realise that I have a way to go yet.

Highrise

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 10:59:56 am »
I think using  T&C can only make your customers know your a professional company, You wont get Bill and Ben using it....
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...