Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike 108

WFP Conservatories - Problem ! ?
« on: July 17, 2007, 09:44:31 pm »
Did a conservatory with WFP yesterday and wondered if the following is a problem - dirty fascias behnd the gutters.

The fascias on conservatories are usually flush with the frames (not overhanging like on a house roof) and it is usually pretty dirty up behind the gutters.

Having cleaned the windows (glass and frame) it is easy, when rinsing, to misdirect the water jets and hit the dirt - which later on could run down onto the frame.

Should I clean the fascias and gutters before using WFP on conservatoties?

What do you do?

Thanks

Re: WFP Conservatories - Problem ! ?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:11:34 pm »
Hi Mike.

I've not had a problem with cons & i'm coming up to 2 years now.

Even now what i do is clean the head of the frames the whole side which gives it a chance to drain off, then clean as normal.

I count cleaning the gutters as part of a roof clean not a normal clean.

Macc

Mike 108

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 10:14:39 pm »
Macc

Cheers

Mike

steve k

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 07:19:40 am »
how can you be misdirecting jets at head height or thereabouts?
You should be brushing on glass and then rinsing about an inch off the glass.
You can literally place a jet of water into a corner of the glass and rinse down.
If you are gettin a stray run every now and again, wipe the plastic above the glass with a scrim

Mike 108

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 08:40:39 am »
Steve k

The reason I was misdirecting the jets occasionally was probably because my pole was too long (3 x 6ft sections = approx 7ft 6" when closed up).  I was using it sideways on and was hampered by garden furniture/tall shrubs/etc.

Im going to get a 4 ft extender (2 x 2ft) which will be easier to handle/control

Mike