Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Re: This job rules!!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 12:50:24 pm »
It's funny how nearly every topic goes off topic and turns into a row!!!

Start your own topics titled "Arguments" >:(

steve k

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 01:18:44 pm »
no argument here...just debate and opinion...the whole point of a public forum

Dean Aspects

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 01:20:07 pm »

oh no its not!!!

;) ;D

LWC

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 07:31:26 pm »

oh no its not!!!

;) ;D

oh yes it is...hes behind you!

dai

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 08:20:13 pm »
I still have a lot of under priced work, but seeing what other guys were earning has given me the confidence to price higher on all new work.
I was talking to a guy last week, he was bragging that he could make £10 an hour window cleaning. He really thought that was a good wage. If he was a member of this forum, he would know a lot better. I have been educated on here, I under priced through ignorance. Now I know better.
You will always have the new guy who under prices to get work, but deep down we all want to earn as much as we can. Even he will start to resent the fact, that others are getting double his rate for the same job. He will either get out of the game, or start charging a lot more.
If all window cleaners were members of this forum, we would all benefit greatly in taking our trade forward. It would be great if we had some kind of national rate, so much per window.
I'm envious of the guys who truthfully earn a grand every week, but at least it gives me something to aspire to. I have nothing against window cleaners telling the truth about their earnings, it gives me an opportunity to measure my own success, or failings.
AND YES THIS JOB RULES. Dai

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2007, 08:57:11 pm »
Great post Dia, I am becoming one of your fans.

A skillfull hijacking of the post for all the right reasons, these thread follow where the highest level of interest lies.

Agree with all that you say, plus... wait for it...

The other day you put something very well too. That was the dramatic difference a superbly done first clean can make is soon forgotten a few months later when they make comments like 'my windows don't seem to get dirty anymore since the brighter weather, could you come less often?'

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2007, 09:00:13 pm »
I thought I was posting on another topic sorry. (about threads turning into arguments)

TVCS

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2007, 09:06:00 pm »
This is a great job, it has to be said.
i started my round from scratch whilst working 12 hour nights in a factory.  As the jobs came in I found less time for sleeping so in the end I had to bite the bullit and make a go of it full time.  major worries to start with what with having 2 kids and no money to fall back on.   Now after about 18 months of building I can earn a pretty good wage and be my own boss.  I don't earn a patch on some of you guys on here but I earn enough and there is room for growth.  i dont think there is a problem with people posting what they earn as it can spurr us youngsters on.  At the end of the day if people on here lie about what they earn then they obviously feel they need to impress someone and if that someone is someone on a forum that they have never met, ,well  how sad are they.
By the way I earn £750 pounds a day! ;D
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2007, 09:39:19 pm »
Did you get support from your wife and family? or did some including yourself think you had made a silly mistake?

As regards impressing people we all do it, and I have done more than my share. The last time you were at the familly get together and someone put the job down did you;
A. Agree modestly and offer to clean that over cons window they can't reach for free.
or
B. Feel tempted to point out that you earn twice as much as they do as a headmaster, and the hours are better. (well apart from the holidays obviously).

TVCS

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2007, 09:48:32 pm »

And at first there were a few doubts creeping in.  I had already started a pressure washing biz and that was not doing a great deal so yes I did start to worry but the wife was a great support and now she works with me most days.

I did meet up with an old mate from the factory the other week and he was more than keen to point out the money he was earning.  He was working between 40 and 50 hours a week including  over time and he was earning not a great deal more than me.  But I work half the hours most weeks. 
Good point about family get togethers tho.
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Davew

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2007, 08:40:12 am »
I had a dismal week last week because I am a newbie and still building a round, I'm up to around 140 customers and the missus got me four more yesterday. I came from a well paid trade on treble shifts so when I sit down and really look at what I earnt in probably 16-20 hours last week I can't really complain!