Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Great One

For Wannabe Oven Cleaners
« on: July 06, 2007, 06:49:55 pm »
Hi

I got asked to do an oven (& other bits & pieces) for a client of a client.

I told her I was too busy to do the oven (student season has started) but said I would phone an oven company for her to get it done to the standard she wanted.

Called Ovenu...booked until 2nd week in August

Oven wizards... booked for 2 weeks

Ended up passing her over to another cleaning company (boy were they shocked to get a job from another cleaning company!)

I got talking to Ovenu, amazed at being booked 6 weeks in advance, the secret is repeat customers who have already booked another clean the last time he did it.

So for all you wannabe oven cleaners, looks like there is cash and a lot of work for you guys, Ovenu does about 3 a day in my area.

Good luck

Martin 8)

Bertie Boo

Re: For Wannabe Oven Cleaners
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 08:08:39 pm »
Martin,

if the rest of the country knew what value for money oven and carpet cleaning is then they'd be booked forever.

I have several people i clean for every week, and loads i do once a fortnight. It seems that whilst money is no object (some clients have super jobs :o ), they do harbour so much guilt about having 'help' and think that because i go as often as i do then they should at least shampoo their own carpets or do the oven.

One of my old dears put me on to a super man who does carpet cleaning. Out of all the clients i have given his number to only ONE actually used him, the rest decided to do the job themselves. The guy is not expensive, especially when you consider (i know you know this!) that hiring a machine will cost £20-£25 a day plus your time. Anyway, i do think people should loosen up on the guilt they put on themselves. Heaven knows they work hard enough in their full-time jobs.

Bertie

Jan K

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 08:16:55 pm »
there is still a lot of stigma attached to havingg a cleaner in your house.....my girls all dress casually and there is no evidence of a cleaning company visiting...my clients like it this way as many of them feel embarassed that they need a cleaner despite the fact they work hard and can afford one, they still do not want to look as tho they have one in front of their neighbours as they dont want to  be thought of as snobs  ::)
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

Bertie Boo

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 08:31:32 pm »
there is still a lot of stigma attached to havingg a cleaner in your house.....my girls all dress casually and there is no evidence of a cleaning company visiting...my clients like it this way as many of them feel embarassed that they need a cleaner despite the fact they work hard and can afford one, they still do not want to look as tho they have one in front of their neighbours as they dont want to  be thought of as snobs  ::)

This is so true, although i've had no shortage of work through reccomendation. I've often wondered how it can work both ways.

For some reason a lot of my clients have attached a lot of novelty value to having a man in to clean. I dont know why. I also work for a couple of single guys who said they were happier with a man doing the work. I dont know why that should be either.  ???

I wish the old folk would stop asking when i'm getting married though, bless  :D

Bertie