Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TVCS

TDS why oh why
« on: July 03, 2007, 03:49:18 pm »
A little confused.
Changed all my pre filters yersterday as they had got abit long in the tooth.  Changed the resin too.  Water on and the tds went up to 032.  Left it running for a while to settle down and it didn't drop any lower than 003.

Put the water on today to fill the tank and it is sitting on 002 PPM and every now and again flicking from 002 to 003. 
How come I`m not getting 000.  I`m slightly confused.  The last time I changed filters and resin it was at 000.  The water pressure is the same as before the change over.  Any ideas.
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

JM123

Re: TDS why oh why
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 03:52:17 pm »
I take it the water from the ro is 003,correct?  chances are the resin has been sitting around a while, if so then it has prob gone off. 
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

TVCS

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 07:51:46 pm »
The resin is brand spanking new, freshly opened yesterday. 
Just checked and the tds is now 000 . after producing 100lts it has sorted itself out. 
Hurah
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

JM123

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 07:55:09 pm »
very strange.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 08:30:40 pm »
Are you sure it's not the TDS meter playing up?
I can get 3 different readings from 3 different meters at various points within the system.
For eg after RO but before DI one meter will say 12 another says 8 and another 9 >:(

Kev R

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 08:33:08 pm »
I run on DI only and mine does the same. When I change my resin I use tap water to flush the di vessel to remove the spent resin. After replacing resin it takes 100ltrs or so to bring tds to 0ppm. I think it takes that much water to prime and clear the 100m microbore of impurities from the tap water used to flush.  My resin then lasts 2mth before I have to change again.