Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Re: Electrocution- new thread
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 11:41:55 pm »
This is important.
I work in the country ( where isolated houses sometimes have this), but it is not something that has been in the front  of my mind. That's not to say I couldn't have been killed.

That APWC needs someone like you Jeff.
Tell them to contact me then  ;)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 06:31:49 am »
One of the risks, comes from carrying an extended pole over your shoulder and catching it on a line behind you (as with tree branches)that you have not noticed, I think most of us can spot cables in front and around us whislt working.

Davew

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 08:27:39 am »
Windy weather too! Sudden gusts turn my Superlight into a kite!

Trevor Knight

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 09:35:59 am »
This is important.
I work in the country ( where isolated houses sometimes have this), but it is not something that has been in the front  of my mind. That's not to say I couldn't have been killed.

That APWC needs someone like you Jeff.
Tell them to contact me then  ;)

Hi Jeff,

email me your phone number and I will, would be good to talk to you.

Regards,

Trevor

info@firstcleanservices.co.uk
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Davew

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 10:58:32 am »
Saw a couple of workers replacing overhead cables today so I stopped for a chat. Bloke had a very strong scottish accent so ndifficult for me to understand. However the newer cables are double insulated and have a twisted look to them. Apparently these arn't too bad provided they are sound. The shock would be dependant on the current being drawn at the time (but still not good). The ones to look out for are the bare metal wires that seem to come in fours. If you cross these with your pole then It's goodnight. When my new camera comes I will try and post some images unles someone beats me to it. Remember I have no electrical experience so don't quote me on anything.