Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

xxmattyxx

Late Payers.
« on: August 07, 2007, 05:00:34 pm »
So much of the information Ive got from here is of a positive and encouraging nature; and now I'm looking for some more.

I have a few custys who when I clean their windows and post a self-addressed envelope through their door asking for a cheque just don't seem to get round to sorting it out.

It really is beginning to annoy me, its a pain in the ass in addition to thinking its rude and inconsiderate.

However, there always seems to be a good enough reason to justify keeping them on, i.e. they ALWAYS have their gutters done in the winter, therefore I get a guaranteed day at least once when its chucking it down. Which is worth having.

I have a a handful of them at the mo, one is a diddery old bird, who when I get round to knocking her up will probably say 'Oh hello dear, I wasn't aware you'd called', another is some tasty Ozzie bird whos price I put up recently because of this non-payment going on; she's ditzy and always doing something else and away with the fairies.

So, I know I could bin them, but does anyone have a leaflet in addition to the usual wording that goes with the cheque request slip to make sure they get the point?

I WANT MY BLOODY MONEY!!

Or any other options ??

Suggestions please, I am fairly full regarding my round, but am not in a position to bin them as a result of being overworked.

Matt

Re: Late Payers.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 05:33:09 pm »
Suggestions please, I am fairly full regarding my round, but am not in a position to bin them as a result of being overworked.

Get some really bright coloured paper. Put them through the printer with words to the effect you now owe us £x from the previous clean on (date) along with this clean (date). please make payment immiediately.
Works for us. It's the BRIGHT paper that does the trick.

simon knight

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 05:42:25 pm »

...or something along the lines of: Please help me to keep my prices reasonable by paying promptly.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 05:51:57 pm »
Coloured paper is good for payment slips - it catches the eyes amongst all the other post stuck on the fridge, mantlepiece, window cill etc.

Also humour - handwritten - "Prompt payment helps my Beer fund!" works with some - but use it wisely - the Local Temperance Hall might not like it! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

niceandclean

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 06:48:13 pm »
This is why i call my customers the night before i clean, get them to leave a cheque out. I know it takes half hour out of each afternoon/evening, but at least i get paid. 

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 07:40:20 pm »
try asking cusstie for payment in advance after all we have to trust that we shall be paid from them let them trust you will turn up to do the work for a change you are producing water which you use on there property you are paying for this either by meter or rates so why should the cusstie beable to pay late when you got your bills to pay for a product you are using on them just try getting paid up front a let them trust you for a change if they are not willing to do this then me personally i would dump them no matter how long they have been a cusstie for
where theres muck theres money

matt

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 09:05:50 pm »
i let it get to 3 cleans and then i add to the bottom of my slip

can you please post a cheque as im on holiday and i could do with the money

this works all the time, as they then feel they should pay you, afterall your a poor window cleaner who needs the money to go on holiday, it really does work