Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul mather

Could this work? Worth a thought Alex!!
« on: June 24, 2007, 12:07:06 pm »
I am in the market for one, maybe two new poles & have been studying my options.

I have mostly 2nd storey work, but with the odd 3rd storey day also. As such I need at least a 15-18 ft pole for every day stuff & a 25- 30 ft pole for my 3 storey work.

What about combining the benefits of telescopic & modular poles. Could the manufacturers produce a 18 ft telescopic pole with a connector on the end that would allow modular sections to be screwed onto. Or has this already been done?
This would allow people like me to just own the one pole & therefore be very cost effective.

ANY VIEWS??
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

macmac

Re: Could this work? Worth a thought Alex!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 12:14:13 pm »
ANY VIEWS??

Yes
What about a carbon facelift? they have removable sections so you just use whatever length you need. telescopic sections that just slip on & off.  :D

tony

paul mather

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 12:24:17 pm »
OK maybe I've not done my homework as well as I thought! ::) ::) ::)
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 12:52:52 pm »
A telescopic is the fastest pole for low level and combined with a modular as you say is a compromise. To do this I think you need outside the pole hose. It wont be long before its available from a manuf .

It can be done the cheapest mix is a glassfibre whip with no clamps as the top section and unger alu telescopic (for instance)as the modular but also another telecopic bit to get you to plus 35ft, its not perfected but see the DIY site.

Alex Gardiner

Re: Could this work? Worth a thought Alex!! New
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 06:15:54 pm »
The Facelift pole does already offer this feature as does the Powerpole from Omnipole.

The trouble with a telescopic for the first section and then adding a modular section for extra is that you get the worst of both worlds. The weight of a telescopic exactly where you don't want it (at the farthest reach) and also having to have a modular base section that can take the extra weight.

We have a solution on it's way but you will have to wait a few months.