Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Guys with pressure problems high tds.
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:01:22 pm »
Hi all,

Now this may not work, but each time i read that someone cant get the pure water reading down to 000, one point of advice is get a booster pump,

But what if you cut into your cold water pipe, say , in the garage,
then used an outside tap with a hose pipe attached, and at some point just before the water goes into the RO SYSTEM .... make two into one using a twin adaptor... it may not give double the pressure but it would certainly increase it, as i have just tested the pressure in my home with without the outside tap on.... then with it on..... and the difference is very little of a drop.

its just a thought so i thought i would pop it on here, .. there are lots of experienced guys out there so i may look a fool now, wait for it lol. ::)

Gary.

geefree

Re: Guys with pressure problems high tds.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 10:55:43 pm »
brill eh lol    ::)

paul mather

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 07:58:53 am »
Have to say my experience is completely different. I have my feed piped from an outside tap & attached one of those connectors to the tap to allow two feeds in order to water my garden. The second I start to water the garden the pressure on my RO drops like a stone.

Sorry can't see that one working, but a good idea!!!!!!!!
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

geefree

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 10:21:56 am »
yes but thats all from the same pipe.... thats why i suggested cutting into a pipe seperately and still use a an outside tap

gary

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 04:17:58 pm »
You only have 1 water pipe coming into your house, I presume.  So I don't see how you can increase the pressure by turning on to taps and plumbing them into the RO as they will still be working off of only 1 inlet pipe to the property.

Simon.

TVCS

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 08:19:08 pm »
Simon is right.
The pipe you would be plumbing into in your garage will be the water pipe that feeds your outside tap.  ( more than likely)
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

geefree

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 10:56:39 pm »
Yet i can run the bath and still have a powerful kitchen tap ..  ???

steve m

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 11:18:16 pm »
bbecause the bath is further away from the high pressure mains. If you put the pipes together as you say, you will still get 3 bar from the outlet, the only difference might be the litre per minute rate might rise

geefree

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 01:07:16 am »
oh i got you now.. cheers.  ;)