Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SonOfFormby

straps or metal fixings for water tanks
« on: August 27, 2007, 10:56:07 pm »
What do you use,and which is safest vs cost?

Also how difficult are each different method to fit?

Lee

Re: straps or metal fixings for water tanks
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 08:03:18 am »
metal ones are not too expensive a little more tricky to fit as you may have to move your fuel tank to fit metal straps through floor ratchet straps work fine too and are cheaper i use these in myself (5000KGS)not the best choice according to some but i'm quite happy with them plus i do have a full steel bulkhead between me and my tank its up to you if you have the money to have metal straps then i would do that if not use ratchet straps. ;D

Alex Gardiner

Re: straps or metal fixings for water tanks
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 08:24:02 am »
Visited the Eden Project, last week and watched the video of the building of their new exhibit the 'Seed'. This is a 70 ton granite sculpture, it was being transported on the back of a low-loader and it was held on with ratchet webbing straps.

The main thing to remember with straps is to get the correctly rated ones and have enough of them, also they will only be as strong as their mounting points in your vehicle.

NorthernToolsUK.com do a very good range with ratchet and webbing strength going up to 5-6000kg. Interestingly the weakest part of these straps is the metal hook on the end!