Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Luke Johnson

GEORGE??? HELP
« on: June 21, 2007, 12:26:30 am »
I am sick of my round being so complicated, my diary is so annoying, I want something like george, but I'm not sure what it does exactly, I would also want a palm, so I could tick jobs off as I do them and know what I have to do next. If the George people are on the forum, please post a detailed post on the forum, your website doesn't have enough info on it, its very vague and doesn't provide the customer with the needed information!! sorry to be so harsh

James Smith

Re: GEORGE??? HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 12:35:18 am »
Do they not give you a free trial on their site to download? They used to anyway, don't use it myself so can't give you any help.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 07:16:49 am »
Whats your location??

I am sure someone near to where you are will be using it and would give you a hands on demonstration?
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Biscute

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 08:05:38 am »
I was tinking the same myself, the trail is only 60 houses long and to me thats not days and not good to me. i would like to know more about the hand eld system to, i.e. how moch does it cost, what are the things i will need to get for the hand held system, can i transfare it to my pc and stuff like that.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

GAZZA B

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 09:03:44 am »
Hi All,

I have been useing George for about a year now, and would not be without it! you don't need a hand held, it will give you a daily work sheet to work from, it will tell you the price of the job when it was last done, it has a note box to let you know if there is a dog around! Or if you have told them you will do the guttering this time. All you need to do is tick the done box, if they give you cash tick, or cheque, or not paid. Fantastic programme.

Gazza

Trevor Knight

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 09:11:22 am »
Hi Gazza,

Just to confirm, there is no way of recording if the customer pays by cash or cheque? Just paid?

GAZZA B

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 09:21:41 am »
Hi,

There is a paid box that you can put the amount in, if paid cash, and you have a cheque box that you can tick if given a cheque!!

Gazza

Trevor Knight

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 09:40:14 am »
I am using version 3.69T and looking on my PC now and cannot see this function anywhere? Please direct me to this facility?

Thanks, Trev

Dean Aspects

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 10:03:07 am »
I think he means when you print out a job sheet you can note it as cash or cheque because it does not have that facility on pocket george

Clear Vision

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 12:59:38 pm »
I think he means when you print out a job sheet you can note it as cash or cheque because it does not have that facility on pocket george

Thats exactly what he means!

I have only seen that function on a printed out work list and not in the main program

Trevor Knight

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 01:18:36 pm »
Phew, thought I was going mad!!!

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 03:09:10 pm »
Biccy, it's 60 uses. Turn it on, load all your custys, thats one use.

I did this and within twenty minutes realized i had to buy it.

At some point , if it continues to evolve there will be a function for cheques and if they've been banked. This sort of reconciliation is just the sort of info my tax man allways seems to want made very clear.

George Systems

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 09:15:07 pm »
Hi

You can't record the payment method in the current version - but you will be able to in due course.

Look at the PocketGeorge page: http://www.georgesystems.co.uk/Using_PocketGeorge/using_pocketgeorge.html
That shows you what it does.

Try the free demo - it should answer most of your questions.

Paul

GAZZA B

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 09:26:05 pm »
Paul,

Will you be making a program for a handheld windows?

Gazza

George Systems

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 09:51:39 pm »
Hi

Yes I will have to write a PocketPC version in due course but the Palm is the best machine for the job at the moment. They are so cheap on eBay they are almost disposable - which is a great advantage when you are working with ladders and water...

Paul

kiral1404

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 10:11:49 am »
Hi Paul,

Hows the update going for data export so that I can export my daily summary thus make my accountant a happy bunny and save me money.

Darren

George Systems

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 12:00:24 pm »
Hi

It's on the list but not near the top I'm afraid.

Most accountants should be happy with the Finance Report - and you can export your Expenses if they need them.

Paul