Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Luc

is it possible.
« on: June 06, 2007, 12:21:29 pm »
I'm running a truckmount with two inch hose and the drying timees are amazing!!
is it possible to attach a two inch cuff on a ninja machine and would this improve my drying times with it?? Having looked at the size of the opening on the nija motors and the black hose in the rcovery tank, it is only 1and a half inch i think

chrisg

Re: is it possible.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 05:15:31 pm »
no its not the 2" hose giving your TM the suck, its only to not restrict it,  if thats all it took ashbys would fit 2" to there ninjas

Nigel_W

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 07:04:27 pm »
I use 2 inch hose and a 2 inch wand with my Scorpion portable. It improves the performance  of the Scorpion by quite a large margin.

However I don't think the Ninja vac set up would be man enough for the job. Not easy to try either as you will need to cut a larger hole in your recovery tank :o

Nigel

darrenlee

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 08:28:20 pm »
 nigel why have you used a scorpion with a 1 and a half inch hose or you just going on what is been told bye its maker

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 09:53:15 pm »
Luc,
Dave Adkins in Worcester use to use 2" hose with his Ninja and his abservation was yes thewater recovery was
far better, The mighty has a 2" port fitted. the clue is in the Dia of the pipe not the vac motors.
If you pour 5ltrs of water into a 11/2" hose it would fill up much quicker than a 2" hose thus leaving no room for air flow, the most important part of the vacuum system. Decrease the air flow and you increase vac lift thus restricting the movement of water back to the tank.
Yx V=Wet carpet

Nigel_W

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 10:42:50 pm »
Darrenlee,

I think you need to read my post more closely ???

Nigel

darrenlee

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 02:04:50 am »
nigel why should i read your post again ???? .  u have me puzzled there, read and read again u saying
2 inch improves yer scorpion, all i asked is have you tried it with a 1 and a half inch hose. which you have not, so how can you compare the two or come to the conclusion the two inch hose is better on your scorpion. only by what you have been told
not going to get all techie but daveingram you added

"If you pour 5ltrs of water into a 11/2" hose it would fill up much quicker than a 2" hose thus leaving no room for air flow, the most important part of the vacuum system"
i cant see this making that much diference on average machine
unless yer flooding the carpet prior to extraction,
i never have need to lift 5 litres of water in one go
like i said not wanting to go all techie but the two inch hose was done on the scorpion for one reason it needed the airflow with having three vacs,  with 1 and a half inch the airflow would be restricted causing vac shut off.

darren

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 05:52:03 am »
I'm glad I do not get all tekie, I leave that to the manufacturers,

Problem is you are never sure what are gimmicks and which machine work best,

In the old days you were told motors in series pick up more than motors in parael

Then it was the other way round by another company .
In reality its hard to see the difference,

Which brings me to another point is the Scorpion Serris or Parael.
Dave Adkins however says recovery is better.

If I had a truck mount I would consider the adaptation because my tools would be compatible.

On the airflow issue I do not think my 1.5 inch hose has ever been full with water when I clean carpets .
So airflow is not over restricted

Nigel_W

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 06:56:26 am »
Darrenlee

You are jumping to too many conclusions. I had the first Cross American Recoil (predecessor to the Scorpionl) in the country. It was supplied with 1.5 inch hose. I converted it to 2 inch so that I could use my truck mount hoses and wands with it and make use of the extra air flow the three vacs provided. I then bought a Scorpion when it was first launched and it was also supplied with 1.5 inch hose. I converted this to 2 inch as well. It took me best part of a year to convince the distributor that it was a significant improvement to the machine. Now all Scorpions are made this way. 8)

Nigel

Ed Valentine

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 04:00:16 pm »
Nigel W. is correct here. And, so has his years in the business, including his 4 years of personal experience using BOTH size hoses on two different models.

The key here is to never make the "assumption" that the difference between  improving a machines performance is merely done so by putting on 2" vacuum hose(s). Because if the machine wasn't first designed to accomidate the addition of this demand (2" hose), it will not go the distance with added performance. Furthermore, Keep in mind that when a larger hose (2") fills up with recovered water and debris, it takes alot greater & faster moving Air-Flow to move all this weight back to a machine.

Although we all may be able to "tweek" things a little bit here and there, Never forget ---for example---that putting larger; heavier; more expensive tires on a vehicle may not increase that vehicles efficiency in terms of MPG. The way it was designed will determine that for the most part.

Just something to think about and based on my years of research in this Industry.

The very best to ALl Brits;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.