Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dennis moriarty

lightweight hwe machines
« on: June 01, 2007, 04:23:26 pm »
Hi all
I suffer quite badly from rhumatoid arthritis and currently wear pain killing patches amongst other things. my ninja is really way to heavy now for me to get on and off the van. any ideas on getting the same sort of spec, twin vac and 135psi, but in a much lighter machine? i toyed with the idea of a speedster van mounted but really i do so much work in places where i need to get the machine off the van that this wouldn't work for me.
ideas very welcome
thanks.

John Kelly

Re: lightweight hwe machines
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 04:53:38 pm »
Dennis, are you sure you can't access your jobs. Having a van mounted machine would be so much easier on you. I was concerned when I got the truckmount but I think I have had to use the porty twice in that time. Don't forget with a decent portie in the van you could still take it out if need be.

dennis moriarty

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 07:50:02 pm »
Thanks for the reply John.
i do quite a lot of work for local hotels bedrooms on second and third floor are a nightmare, but i take your point that i could access a fair bit of work with a van mounted porty.

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 07:57:43 pm »
Why not use a rotary for the hotel work and a small spotter for the vomit stains. This is what companies like Stainbusters and Texatherm do and they do loads of hotels, hospitals, even trains.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 11:11:25 pm »
Why not use Mytee van mounted? but with a ramp so you can still take it off to do awkward places. Simple and effective.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=30746.0

rs_cleancare

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 08:54:40 am »
Kev,

I took delivery last week of my mytee and must say i am extremely impressed with the power.
I have a couple of question for you:

Do you have auto dump? If so does it get blocked frequently?

With your auto fill when you drive to the next job do you completley empty the solution tank?

Finally do you use the 2 inch hose if so is it hard to move about?

thanks,

Rob.

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 10:32:51 am »
Trouble is the Mytee is a fair bit heavier than a Ninja. It's one thing getting it off a ramp in the van but going up stairs to flats etc would kill you.

What about some of the older model CFR before they started adding vacs and heat. Or what about a porty that is easily disassembled into two?

Kev Loomes

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 12:47:47 pm »
Hi Rob

1. I dont have auto dump, but I do have a dump hose. This is very quick if its pointing to a drain or a WC. Not sure if they do autodump? Be interesting to find out!

2. What we do is when we know we have about 15 mins worth of cleaning left, we simply switch the pump off (we wanted this for flexibility and for options for draining tank etc - its a wise move!), so that the level drops and doesnt go everywhere in the van and down the side of the machine!.  If we do happen to forget we have actually added silicone to the inner lip of the machine where you pour the water in. This was quite easy using cling film so it doesnt stick to the lid, wait till it dries and peel off. Quite a nice seal, and Ive never had water everywhere.

If the next job is a big one then we simply switch the pump back on when we start and leave it, as its an on demand one that auto shuts off.

3. We dont have the 2" hose as its not standard. It will take it though and would be interested if anyone is using it with this machine.

Hope this helps

Kev

Derek_Walker

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 02:58:13 pm »
The Scorpian is supposed to be very light and easy to get in and out of the van, may be worth a look. Also it may be worth looking at a machine which does not have the heaters built in as standard, as these can make the machine quite heavy. Look at getting a separate plug in heater i used to use one and it worked extremely well.
Derek

Steve Chapman

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 06:37:56 pm »
we use a t/m and excel porty's normally, but whenever we have bedrooms in high hotels we often just take in the oreck orbiter and a small sabrina porty, (which can be carried with one hand!) and some microsplitters and we're away !

i wouldn't recommend it for general use but it does a decent enough job when you have several flights of stairs to climb and just makes jobs like that more viable as your not killing yourself for a few pounds. ;)

regards
steve

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 07:26:19 pm »
Dennis

On the front page of this months C&M magazine Numactic are doing a pro machine.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

rs_cleancare

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 07:59:33 am »
Thanks Kev.

They do an auto dump for around £400 (cleansmart) but I have heard they can block easily.
Would be ideal for thouse large jobs to save running back and forth.

I have the 2 inch hose just awaiting for the appropriate cuff as wrong one was sent.
Will let you know if it's like fighting with a aniconda!

Sorry to hijack the thread but as you can see all you need is a mytee set up in the back of the van and on a rare instance you cant get close enough (150ft hose) use something like a sabrina.

Rob.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 09:23:33 am »
Why not buy a smaller twin vac model. 

From Extracta or Alltec for example

alireza

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 11:47:27 am »
hi i have a mytee and just got a vito old shape I just tilt backwards until I get the front wheels onto back of van then pull up with handle and push straight in, fairly easy really.

kev can you tell me if you happy with using the mytee from your van i take the machine as close as possible to the job and most of the carpet dry in less than two hours do you get the same result or if not dose it worth having this setup  thanks
alireza

PaulKing

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 09:40:01 pm »
craftex grace splits into two parts that make it easer to lug about, but do try a TM sounds like what you need
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Nigel_W

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 06:47:32 am »
Denis,

Maybe you should change your van to one with a lower floor. You should be able to balance the machine on its back wheels and put the front wheels on the back of the van. Then you can transfer the weight of the machine to the front wheels and slide it up on to the van. This is a million times easier than lifting the machines full weight on to the van. Alternatively get a ramp or a truckmount.

Nigel

Kev Loomes

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 08:35:14 pm »
Alireza

You've already e mailed me about this and I replied! Yes its fine and does a great job from the van.