Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Aquakleen Restoration Services

Where can I buy an inline water heater from?
« on: June 04, 2007, 05:02:34 pm »
Hi all

Ive had a look on Ebay and there is one on at around £245.00 plus VAT. I like the look of it (it's a Heatmaster) but was wondering if I could get a cheaper one anywhere else? Anyone have any recommendations? I want it for my Excell as Im sick of waiting for the water to heat up LOL

Thanks, Sky

stevegunn

Re: Where can I buy an inline water heater from?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 05:06:28 pm »
Restormate sell the craftex one

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 05:38:24 pm »
Hmmm looked on the site and cant see it for the life of me :-(

stevegunn

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 05:50:24 pm »
Hmmm looked on the site and cant see it for the life of me :-(

OOps

Just read your post properly these are more expensive

http://www.btowstore.com/epages/Store.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/CRAFT12

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 05:58:32 pm »
Yeah thx steve. A little more expensive than the ebay unit. I dont think ill get one for less than the ebay one

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 06:21:04 pm »
Inline heaters are good but don't expect a low price one to give you instant hot water. The water is only in contact with the heater element for a number of seconds. If you are using cold water from tap you still need to get the tank up to a decent temperature in order for the inline to work efficiently. Used in conjuction with your element it will give you a time saving but not as much as I think you expect.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 06:38:31 pm »
Hmmmm thanks for that John. I dont really know a lot about them but I think anything is better than nothing. Ive been to some places where the water has only been warm and nowhere near hot enough

Martin_Bignell

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 06:49:00 pm »
Sky,
There is only one inline heater that does the job the Ashby V2. They are expensive but you could get it on lease, mind you it would also mean upgrading your solution hose to truckmount standard.
Regards, Martin.

Phil Marlor

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 06:57:53 pm »

I might be wrong here but when your portable is switched on with heater pump and 2 vacs going add an inline heater to it and it may often trip the electric, especially if the customer is washing or Ironing etc.

As has been said you may have to upgrade your solution hose as well or it could burst with the extra heat and they do get hot when you put the wand down for any length of time.

I think Craftex do them for about £300.

Rgds
Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

rs_cleancare

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 07:50:08 pm »
I have a V2 steam mate for sale if a reasonable price is offered.
Very good bit of kit would not be with out heat now!

Rob.

rambly

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 07:51:15 pm »

I might be wrong here but when your portable is switched on with heater pump and 2 vacs going add an inline heater to it and it may often trip the electric, especially if the customer is washing or Ironing etc.

As has been said you may have to upgrade your solution hose as well or it could burst with the extra heat and they do get hot when you put the wand down for any length of time.

I think Craftex do them for about £300.

Rgds
Phil

Touch wood this has never happened to me (so far).

Generally I only use a V2 on 50 - 75ft hose runs and place it in the 25ft section before the wand which means I'm in a different room/floor to the porty.
Remember the 8th commandment:
Thou shalt not steal - Gordon Brown hates competition.

n.s.mcdonald

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 08:51:14 pm »
How old is the V2?Has it ever been serviced ,what sort of condition and how much then?

rs_cleancare

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 07:05:09 am »
It was serviced 2 years ago I havn't hardly used it and the chap i bought it from business never took of so he didn't use it much.
It is 3 half years old and open to offers!
I can throw in a chewing gum wand as well.

Rob.

stains-away

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 09:36:24 am »
I've regularly used a v2 steamate and never had problems with tripping customers electric, I dont use the heaster on the machine with it if theres any hot water on the job as I just fill up from the customers hot tap and use the inline heater to bring it up to heat, cant see the use in running 2 heaters on the job.
Ive got a spare steammate here thats 4 years old and has only been used occasionaly that I'm thinking of getting rid of, again it can come with a chewing gum wand, small extension hose, powerlead and manual, Andy

magic_carpet

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 12:43:37 pm »
hi
i'm in the market for just such a piece of kit.
i'm on
info@magiccarpets-uk.com
i've emailed andy but can't contact rs
thanks jamie

rs_cleancare

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 08:14:44 pm »
Jamie you have mail!

paul wright

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 01:32:54 pm »
very rare for the electrics to trip if it dos the house uaslly has old wiring, if u come across this the trick is to turn each vac,pump,heater etc  one at a time  this will stop it tripping as its the first couple second power surge that trips it

paul wright

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 01:36:49 pm »
also  the v2 heater is the best, but even this will only giv u warm water from stone cold  unless u want to wait about 3 mins inbetween using the wand, if u use hot tap water then its a very good bit kit  and u will get burst of steam from it