Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lands

Which Van
« on: May 30, 2007, 08:01:49 pm »
Looking to get a van and LPG's seem very good value. What is the catch though? I know that there are only 1300 petrol stations in uk that supply it but that does'nt bother coz with a bit of pre-planning etc. So I thought there must be some other down sides.

There is a van on Auto Trader for £2000. Has only done 21000 miles. Why so cheap? Any ideas?

Pete

Re: Which Van
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 10:54:19 pm »
Pete without the link to the van its hard to say why its cheep?

will01

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 11:14:41 pm »
210,000 miles perhaps.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 05:13:53 pm »
tell me which van it is and i can help you , most lpg are low on the miles due to being ex council  vans ,

Chris34

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 09:59:12 pm »
I've just got an LPG van and would say peformance wise it's hardly any different to petrol.  In cost terms I seem to get 500 miles to £35 (43.9p.litre) of LPG, this is local driving so I don't know about longer distance and I haven't tested the MPG using petrol yet. 

Chris.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 08:14:34 am »
chris you should aways run on petrol every few weeks for aday or so to carbon the enenie back up or itwill go bang

or start the van on petrol run it until it hits running temp then flick on to gas

Chris34

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 09:32:54 am »
well i've been told to always start on petrol and after a few minutes switch to gas when the engine has warmed up.  Why would the engine go bang?

nevil

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 12:53:19 pm »
Are you sure you don't mean LDV. They go at sensible prices.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 07:47:25 pm »
well i've been told to always start on petrol and after a few minutes switch to gas when the engine has warmed up.  Why would the engine go bang?

if you keep running it on gas its takes all the carbon out the enegine which makes it run even hotter , lpg runs hot and burns all the cardon out so it looks like brand new inside wich is not good ,

my lpg transit had 190k on the clock befour i sold it , they are good for the miles if looked after , also you need to change the way you drive as well with them

Chris34

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 09:27:15 pm »
Change the way I drive in what way? and is this for the benefit of the engine or for fuel efficiency?

Thanks 1st

Chris.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 02:04:49 pm »
Change the way I drive in what way? and is this for the benefit of the engine or for fuel efficiency?

Thanks 1st

Chris.

well in the transit if i was loaded and was flooring it to get about the lgp would cut off and go back on the petrol  ;D the system was ment to do this as lpg cant give you the power you need right away im sure most lpgs will be the same as mind was fitted from new 

we talking well up the revs hear 70s in fourth ect,  but if you drove it normal then it stopped on gas all day

Chris34

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 08:12:50 pm »
With this van I have absolutey hammered it to the limit (floored it in each gear) and it hasn't once switched to petrol.  The performance differance is hardly noticable and sometimes I think it feels faster on the LPG.  My only disappointment with it is that I thought I'd get more MPG but as I've said I've not tested it in petrol yet and since thrashing it for the first tank load of LPG I'm now driving more conservatively to see how much more MPG I can get.

If anyone is looking for the ultimate in cheap to run power vehicles then have a look at this car that goes into production next year, it's breathtaking technology and maybe the shape of thing to come in the future for all vehicles.

http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php

Chris.

calmore

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 08:39:27 pm »
How about a car that runs on AIR?: http://www.theaircar.com/
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

Chris34

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 09:58:36 pm »
Not completely air though is it.  It is another line of technology that the future may hold though.

Chris.