Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nevil

Unusual polyprop
« on: June 04, 2007, 03:24:17 pm »
Came accros something I have never seen before. The pile if you could call it that was woven through the carpet, tightly. It was almost completley flat. pile was polyprop. It had cotton stitched in a similar way to the polypropolene, except it was hardly visble from the face. I am not convinced it was woven on jute, although it was brown. Albeit a much darker brown than we normally see with jute. was not able to get a sample of the brown stuff.

Oh and it's called Natura. can find no reference to it on the web.

I wouldn't have thought I could wet clean it. Although the cotton didn't look to be wrapping around the brown strands the way they do on wiltons. More zig zaging from front to back.

Any one heard of it.Or have any ideas what I can do. I,m tempted to walk away.   

nevil

Re: Unusual polyprop
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:04:31 pm »
And I thought you guys were good ::)

carpetguy

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 08:05:12 am »
As you say...............you have never seen anything like it, so, maybe no one else has either!!!!

vangaurd

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 09:39:18 am »
::) :'( :-X

Derek

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 06:18:10 pm »
There are many natural carpet styles where wool or even polypropylene are woven alongside jute both in the warp and weft.

You already know the problems relating to Jute...you will also know the moisture retention rate of wool or polypropylene therefore it is relatively easy to make an informed decision as to how a carpet with such a construction should be cleaned

nevil

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 08:10:13 pm »
Thank you for the responses.The cusyomers really wants it done. Could it be bonneted, using a very fine mist of MS.