Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Biscute

Re: why cant i get anyone to help me clean windows
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 08:35:37 am »
Busted its just a thought but why dont you try an agentcy, i aint used them my self but they must be able to send some people out on trials, 1 of them must be half way normal unlike most of the idiots that belong on big brother.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 08:46:51 am »
If you want to expand then in my opinion its all about finding the right staff
and treating/paying them well.
You get what you pay for.
Russ

Couldn't agree more! All my guy's work v hard and in return are paid over and above the norm. They get paid holidays and sickness and bonuses.

In return they turn up bang on time, work damn hard, earn a lot of money and we all go home smiling.

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

007 or what

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 09:35:18 am »
Did you pay them well right from the start and did they have previous experiance?

eddie d

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 01:30:40 pm »
trevor whats good money .3 4 5  hundred .

pjulk

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 03:30:45 pm »
I had exactly the same thing.
Put an add in the job centre and all they sent me was idiots.

I stated must have a full driving licence and they sent one chap who turned up on a moped i said do you have a full driving licence and he said no but if i give him a job he will take driving lessons.

Another one again from the job centre said he only want its for one month for a bit of cash in hand and when he feels like it.

I gave up on it and just got shot of a load of work so now its more manageable.

Paul

Trevor Knight

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 03:33:41 pm »
Yes I paid them well straight from the start.

Thay way they are willing to learn, want to learn and take it seriously.
They get equipment a week before they join, get shown what to do and are told to practice, practice, practice!! Works well.

As for what they earn, that is irrelevant. Look at what you are prepared to and can afford to pay someone, work out what you expect back and go from there.

I always have worked on the principle to earn a little off a lot rather than a lot of a little. Has never done me or my company any harm.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

LSB

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 06:18:04 pm »
i have employed poles / russians etc , and have had no problem at all , their work and language is far , far better than the english boys i have had !

Scrimble

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2007, 09:41:27 pm »
i went to work for a guy before i started up myself and he was such a ****** it was unreal, i remember him bragging about earning 3k a month then saying he was gonna pay me minimum wage for the first few months then see what happens later on,

i quit after a day, seriously why would anyone want to work for a window cleaner when you can do it yourself?

i was just gonna do it for a bit of experience but the guy was such a ****** i had to quit after a day, especially when your given 10 minutes for a lunch break, i almost felt sorry for throwing that brick threw his van window after he refused to pay me! errr not,

soapnshine

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 07:56:16 am »
Some of these people are just attending interviews to satisy the job center so they can still get their dole for attending interviews

DASERVICES

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 09:40:27 am »
Never use the job center, advertise in your local uni or college and take on 2 or 3 as flexi time.

Doug

dudek

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2007, 11:27:09 pm »
when im ready i plan on taking an older chap say mid to late fifties and at least you know they will get out of bed in the mornings and they have alot of experience to offer!