Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Bought a new folding Trolley for my Backpack
« on: April 22, 2007, 10:20:33 pm »
I'm getting to old to keep humping a full backpack around, and 2 of my daughters, keep onto me to allow them to come out W/C with me, so I took a trip to my local Maplins shop today and bought myself a folding trolley, I thought it a little steep at £29:99 but if it saves my old bones and helps my girls, then well worth the £30.
Does anyone else have one? or even use a trolley for there backpacks?

matt

Re: Bought a new folding Trolley for my Backpack
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 10:48:16 pm »
20 quid in wicks :)

JohnL

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 11:49:17 pm »
less than £18 in B&Q last year - which I use to simply ferry containers form the shed to my vehicle - sorry jeff

and my trolley  - as a kit which has been running for quite a while now along with the addition of a microbore hose and a 11ft reach pole as well.

I find this set-up ideal for my work and my customer base.

As this site is till blocking images you can find my trolley pic in the thread here

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=28585.0

West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 09:16:46 am »
I think it's quicker if you still carry your backpack around, but keep a 25 litre barell on your trolley close by.

I don't fill the backpack up; rarely more than 12 litres of water in it; and top up regularly from the nearby barell.

I do tops only; mostly.

jouk45

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 09:37:24 am »
is it this particular trolley you need with the large holes for the backpacks, as a few threads i have read before, say you need access to a reset switch, or simulair at the bottom base of the backpack, my new backpack arrives this week, jeff wicks are selling them here for £19.99  ;D bet your kicking yourself lol

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 12:08:29 pm »
I always knew maplin were a rip off ::)

Its funny what you guy's are saying, because when I was in Maplin the other week, I seen these trolley's and I could have sworn they were £19.99 but yesterday when I went for one they were £29.99, B**dy £10 in a week its gone up :'(

JohnL

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 07:27:12 pm »
jouk - the on off switch is situated under the base of the backpack and all I do is ti tip the unit forward to gain access to the switch.

:)
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Jon T.C.

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 06:03:13 pm »
We've got a Maplins just opened, so i'm gonna pop in and see if they've got them on a special offer.
Elite Cleaning Solutions

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 06:11:23 pm »
We've got a Maplins just opened, so i'm gonna pop in and see if they've got them on a special offer.
I hope you get it cheaper than I got mine for ::)

I used it for the first time today and its the corgies conkers ;D

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 11:27:21 pm »
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. Recommended by Simon of 'Sherwood Cleaning Services.' Great forum. I'm Soakin' in as much as I can on 'wfp' at moment ('scuse the pun) as I am curently recovering from ankle fusion surgery and should be back at work by midsummer. I've been trad for 30 years and loved it, but my recent surgery is causing me to reconsider how I'm going to carry on.

However, that aside, if you live in or around Basildon in Essex you'll find these same trollies in QDs Basildon for £20. Had a stack of them last week and thought they'd be good for moving water around. I'm Beginning to think like a wfp-er.

Hope this of some use to someone.

Mark

need a cleaner

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 07:30:12 am »
Try Aldi's they have 1 exacly the same at £12.99 :D

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 09:41:02 pm »
The one at my local Aldi's for £12.99 looks the same but actually isn't. It doesn't have folding wheels. However, it looks to be a reasonably decent piece of kit for the money, with ballraced wheels even. However, if the folding wheels are important to you for storage, then this might not be the one for you unless you want to manually remove the wheels every time you store it. Incidently, it'll handle a pretty decent 90 kgs acording to the box. I bought one recently for £20 that'll only carry 50 Kgs.

Mark

jeff1

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 09:49:48 pm »
The one at my local Aldi's for £12.99 looks the same but actually isn't. It doesn't have folding wheels. However, it looks to be a reasonably decent piece of kit for the money, with ballraced wheels even. However, if the folding wheels are important to you for storage, then this might not be the one for you unless you want to manually remove the wheels every time you store it. Incidently, it'll handle a pretty decent 90 kgs acording to the box. I bought one recently for £20 that'll only carry 50 Kgs.

Mark
I checked the weight and its 80 kgs, been using it for the past couple of days and its the corgies conkers ;D, the holes in the base make it easy to switch the backpack on and off.