Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matts

Help Backpack keeps cutting out
« on: April 26, 2007, 07:42:36 pm »
My backpack kept cutting out on me today right at the end of the day.When checking out problem the red light on the control panel was flashing then turning itself off, at that point i could switch back on and carry on for another couple of windows till it happened again.
Not so much of a problem today as i only had 1 house left when this happened.
Does anyone know what the problem is and how to rectify it

EasyClean

Re: Help Backpack keeps cutting out
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:06:31 pm »
Your battery needs charging!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Stevie G

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 08:16:15 pm »
how old is it where did you buy it from.

matts

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 08:19:53 pm »
Thanks for that easyclean was hoping it was something simple.
I thought the battery would just cut out and not come back on again if it was the battery

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 08:22:03 pm »
Matt S,

You need a new battery; or your old one needs charging fully.

If it was fully charged when you started working, you need a new battery.

Trust me!

matts

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 08:27:02 pm »
Tosh battery was fully charged at start of day so i take it this means it is on its way out,where is the cheapest place to buy a new one

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 08:35:36 pm »
It could be the pcb , mine went awol once

Stevie G

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 08:51:40 pm »
mine went the same way dident last as long as yours. looks like you need a new one
about £20 been going for about a year now.

steve.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 09:12:18 pm »
Ok - things learned along the way.

The charger that comes with the backpack doesn't put enough charge in overnight in my opinion. I use a smart charger - which I use for my normal wfp battery.

I got my spare battery through CPC at £12.50 - all you need is a 12v 7 a/h of the same dimensions as the original. The original is black and most replacements are light grey but that doesn't matter.

Pull the old battery off of the insertion carrier (it's stuck on with some sort of glue/foam) and put the new one on with duct tape.
It's a game of three halves!

JohnL

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 10:20:00 pm »
Malc  -  CPC ?
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

matts

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 11:29:01 pm »
Thanks for all the replies guys most helpful, Looks like i will be getting a new battery and keeping this one as a spare............Thanks

geefree

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 02:37:45 am »
Hi

The battery will work intermittently when it needs charging, bit its not worth a poope as regards to work,

i have or had a spare battery and it is now a dud, after 3 months of very very light work...totally dead from cleantech. dont think i can be bothered arguing the toss as i will only get sales jargon, ... but i wouold appreciate anyone telling me a good battery to buy instead of these poopy little low powered crappy ones ... come on guys ... industry needs industrial resources not poop poxy crap domestic tiny little poop power.