Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fivestar Cleaning

Pressure problems.
« on: April 26, 2007, 07:25:50 am »
Can anyone help me with this problem. I use a WFP on a trolley and I have attached a flow control valve at the pole end to try to save water. The problem occurs when I turn the flow OFF. The sudden build up of pressure blows the hose at the pump and water squirts out. I think I've tightened the hose as far as I dare.

Also I've tried turning up the varistream to max and splitting the flow of water from the pump so that half goes back to the tank. The problem is that water takes the line of least resistance and the flow to the brush is almost non existant. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Trevor Knight

Re: Pressure problems.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 07:43:05 am »
Stupid question but your connections you say are hand tight?

We jubilee clip our hoses onto our pumps and they are as tight as is possible!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Fivestar Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 07:49:17 am »
I also use jubilee clips and they are tightened with a screw driver. I never said they were hand tight.

JM123

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 08:05:46 am »
1 - is there a barb on your pump connection?  If not then you'll never be able to tighten it enough.

2 - I would tend to use compressible 0-clamps instead of jubilee clips, much rounder grip and a lot more compressive strength.

3 - by placing a diversion route for the water you are as you say offering the water a path of least resistance, so therefore the answer to this is to make the path of least resistance a little harder, try replacing this tubing with tubing of a smaller diameter
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Fivestar Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 08:16:00 am »
Many thanks for that last post. Very constructive, I'll try that tonight after work.

JM123

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 08:25:05 am »
glad to help ;)
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 08:33:41 am »
If you have a varistream you can turn the blue dial down on the inside.  That means that when the pump stops there will be less pressure in the hose.

Simon.

Fivestar Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 04:38:19 pm »
@JM123

Cheers mate ! problem sorted.