Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

captain lard

wfp and pricing
« on: April 22, 2007, 11:40:24 pm »
I am currently thinking of sorting out a wfp backpack option.
I was wondering how anyone who was formerly trad and then brought in a wfp option then priced the work on their existing customers.
Do you increase the price of your existing work pointing to your new technology/outlay or do you just utilise it to justify more lucrative pricing on any new work?
I am thinking that if I get a wfp option I can get to windows other trad cleaners cant, and I havent see anyone using wfp on domestic where I am and this helps get customers and justify prices.
Any thoughts/comments/experiences?

darren72

Re: wfp and pricing
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 11:54:04 pm »
i thinks its hard enough changing over to wfp without putting your prices up maybey after a few month or so,iam just glad that most people seem happy with it and so far no cancelations.

poleman

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 12:01:26 am »
In most cases, you are going to be quicker with a WFP so I would not put your prices up for the moment or they will drop like flys!

Andy

captain lard

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 12:03:32 am »
With my existing jobs I would not be looking to increase prices (apart from one job in particular because I badly underpriced and its very difficult on ladders on your own)but with new work I might use it to justify pricing and my pricing needs to get better.
I was just wondering how other people had approached the issue and if they found wfp made it 'easier' to be a bit more adventourous when pricing especially new work or work which couldnt be done without wfp.  :)

macmac

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 12:03:50 am »
Totally agree with above two posts, get them used to it first, or they may use it as an excuse to drop you.

tony

mark dew

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 12:05:12 am »
I wondered the same when i knew i was going wfp and i chose to put up prices a couple of months before i converted. (it was 2 years since i'd priced them up anyway, so increase was due). I did this because i was a little worried about how my customers would take to a different way of cleaning.
I got half a dozen complaints between weeks 3 and 6 and lost 3 accounts because of it.
Once i'd done a couple of cleans i then approached existing customers and told them that i could now reach the windows that i couldn't off a ladder and if they wanted them cleaned it would cost an extra £££.
Like poleman says, you will be quicker anyway and what seemed underpriced trad might not be with wfp.

captain lard

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 12:09:42 am »
Good points lads as ever. Speed factor is an interesting one as well.
I think the getting to previously innaccessible windows is useful and you make an excellent point mark dew.
Cheers.

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 01:13:37 pm »
just got to point wfp is not quicker than trad on three bedroom houses it take about the same time to clean the windows.on big jobs wfp is a lot quicker thats where u r going to make your money ok

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 01:24:08 pm »
just got to point wfp is not quicker than trad on three bedroom houses it take about the same time to clean the windows.on big jobs wfp is a lot quicker thats where u r going to make your money ok

I've found that so on some 3 bed houses but not others - though in fairness, I was about average speed, or just over, with a squeegee.
Where it really does well on the 3 bed size jobs for me is that I had a fair bit of work that involved tile walking - a potentially lethal proposition even when dry.  Now I can do them more safely from the ground.

macmac

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 07:03:08 pm »
got to agree with these points too, wfp is not always quicker by any means. there are many factors which dictate which method will be fastest on every job, acsess problems, flower pots, flower beds ( dragging hose up-rooting her lovely new flowers) etc. wfp will be safer but not always faster than trad. I have no problem getting the ladders out if its gonna be better done trad for any job. Its just a case of weighing up which method suits which job best, & like i say, there are many factors, too many to go into now. :)

tony

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 07:09:52 pm »
I'm finding myself similar in times with wfp on first cleans.

So I'm expecting to be quicker next time.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 07:33:57 pm »
I`ve given most of my houses a chance with WFP and like you say it`s not suited to all houses,i know what places are good for the pole and ones that are not that`s half the battle.Some places it`s not only quicker it`s also easier trad,what i do is mix in smaller trad places with the larger jobs where i use the pole i normally try and knock the trad ones off early in the morning and then spend the rest of the day working WFP,mind you any jobs i take on now will have to have the pole where possible unless to good to turn down,but on the whole i pole most things.Lets not forget where trying to get off the ladder.Cheers.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 09:05:54 pm »
When I first sarted WFP a year ago it was difficult to get my long standing customers used to it.  Then after a few months I needed more work to fill in the time created and every customer counted!  Now yet again I am over subscribed ;) ;)
And my customers now enjoy the benefits of WFP ;) ;)  So I am putting prices up and for the last few months I have priced new jobs at the new price.  So far so good ;) ;)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

dai

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 11:13:55 pm »
I charged extra for the windows I coudn't get to before. I only use my ladders for access onto flat roofs or balcony's.
I earn more every day than I used to trad, it does depend a lot on having easy access though. Open plan estates are a lot quicker with WFP. Dai