Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: how much would you pay?
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 07:44:20 pm »
What`s it take him,couple of minutes?

steve k

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 07:49:17 pm »
I`ve always thought a window cleaning round should be sold on it`s ANNUAL profit levels.
The prices in Manchester are fair I believe.

rp cleaning services

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 07:50:37 pm »
he does mine my two neighbours and it takes him a couple of minutes each bin,he probably earns about £1.50 a minute,i do a lot of window cleaning in boston lincs and i bump into him on a regular basis and when i get the chance i watch him and most of his round is like that,he does earn a good living,more than i can earn from window cleaning and i am one of the most expensive window cleaners in my town.

r4g1t

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 08:49:15 pm »
ok boys .... after looking at all your replies and some of the outragous figures suggested for w/c rounds lets see who will put their money up
 i have 4 seperate rounds in south manchester
bredbury 4 weekly clean takes £400  who will give me £6k for it?
cheadle   4 weekly takes £600.......................................£9k
stockport  4 weekly takes £450......................................£6.5k
offerton     4 weekly takes £200......................................£3k

a total of £24.5k not bad considering i paid £3,600 for it, so if anyone wants to buy i will accept £24k for cash ..... and whistle all the way to the bank

and if one of you has got really deep pockets ive got another 16 rounds for sale IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 08:52:38 pm »
3 times the yearly take. not bad if you can get it .

r4g1t

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 08:59:59 pm »
exactly! ive worked in mcr all my working life and never paid these extortionate rates 3 times the monthly clean is acceptable . even 4 times if the work is priced well

scrimit2

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 11:20:03 pm »
I once gave £40 for £60 a month worth of work :), other than that Ive never bought any other work, Ive found Im more comfortable for the customers to choose me, rather than, paying for round and then turning up to tell the customers "Im your new window cleaner" that just my personal opinion on it.

The downside of building the round yourself it that takes time, but on the other hand if you bought a round at 15 times its monthly value, yes the income starts flowing straight away,but  15  months thats a fair while before you make any profit.

r4g1t  thats good business if you can get those rounds sold :) good luck

steve k

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 07:28:04 am »
£400 monthly would sell in Manchester for x 5 = £2000
£600................................................................ = £3000
£450................................................................ = £2250
£200................................................................ = £1000

David, I see no reason why a developed round bringing the purchaser a cash rich monthly income of say, £2500 every 4 weeks from day 1...£30,000 per annum with 4 weeks off...should not be selling for at least £30,000.
If a newsagent sold for 3 times the monthly profit...the size of the queue would make national news.
Window cleaners in the past have made this rule about 3/5 x the monthly income...why do we, in this age, need to live with it?
I`m not sure anyone would buy at that price but unless people start taking their business worth seriously and start selling through business selling agents who do the job properly, we will never move on.

Sell those Manchester rounds at 3 x the monthly rate and you will have them snapped up but lose money in the process...sell them at 5 x monthly.

david wood

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 02:40:59 pm »
hay r4g thats my old work if you get that much for it i want half lol ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 03:59:38 pm »
It depends - if that £300 of fortnightly work was spread out and I was trad. and it earned £100 per day (3 days work) - 3X

If it was top notch wfp and I could do it in one day then I would go to 10X.

It would only take me 5 months to recoup my money, then I'd be quids in.

Assuming the work checked out and I felt it would last at least a year, that is.
It's a game of three halves!