Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pj

Re: Pump cycling.
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 08:07:56 am »
I use a Varistream controller and a flow control tap on my pole.  Set the Varistream at the maximum flow I'm going to need for the building I'm on, use the pole control tap to alter the flow at each window and to turn the water off between windows as needed, save water.

Nothing wrong with your setup either Squeaky.

Davew

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 08:15:26 am »
My pump always cycled untill I put the di vessel after the pump and pressurised it. I could hear a leak straight away that I couldn't find before.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 08:25:03 am »
I can't help thinking that it is a lot of messing around turning flows up and down.  I do put a control on for people wanting to reduce the flow, but that is more to do with how fast a person can work.  A fast worker would have it on full flow, and a slow worker would have the flow reduced.  A slow worker on full flow will waste water, and a fast worker on a low flow will wast time.  If you want less water on the glass move the brush faster.  All I want to do is turn the water on or off.

Peter

Davew

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 09:05:10 am »
If i'm working around an air vent I want control over how much blast I've got - just my opinion.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 10:20:36 am »
Spot on from Alex ;)
Tosh mentioned something almost identical to that as I was musing with him why mine and squeaks systems seem to vary.
It was really bugging me >:(
Mine is perfect, with the inline on/off valve (that is always at my waist) I can turn my flow down to little more than a trickle if i want, and the pump continues to flow smoothly, flat out I have jets of water going over 15ft through the air.

It is really good to know that you can actually fine-tune the actual pump, as this then does away with the need for a bypass or varistream controller.

I can't help thinking that it is a lot of messing around turning flows up and down.  I do put a control on for people wanting to reduce the flow, but that is more to do with how fast a person can work.  A fast worker would have it on full flow, and a slow worker would have the flow reduced.  A slow worker on full flow will waste water, and a fast worker on a low flow will wast time.  If you want less water on the glass move the brush faster.  All I want to do is turn the water on or off.

Peter

totally agree with Peter too, succinctly put Peter ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 02:35:27 pm »
Grrr!!!

Definately need to do something.
I got through 350L of water today and only did £65. >:(
I need less flow.

I've noticed that when the tank is less than half full it doesn't cycle.
Only when it's half full or more. ???

Mind you, if I turn the flow down it cycles whatever.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 02:38:44 pm »
350L of water for 1 man is alot considering your return?

I suggest calling Gardiners or alike to talk through your set up and perhaps thay can advise you directly.

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 05:49:08 pm »
Just a thought....
You say your systen is air tight. Well actually it's not Squeaky. When you have your tap open but your pump not switched on air is able to ingress through the brush head.......

Of course if you never ever have the tap open when the pump is not on this is not the case.

It happens to me sometimes and I Have to disconect as it goes into the resin vessel and suck to get things running again. I have an ecoflow.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 06:00:53 pm »
the only problem i have is the age old one of wet leg. ive been trying to stop this happening for a while now, i twist this numpty and that numpty, this philips that flat head. and i tell you what it still hasn't  worked, guess i need to realign my differential bi-quarterly side cross member neuron cybex handle