Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

Chavs and chip fat all over 'my' windows...
« on: April 23, 2007, 05:58:42 pm »
Due to a few unforseen problems, ('emergency doctor's appointment and a short notice solicitor's appointment) I didn't start work till around 1.00 pm.

Anyway, I got to my first account, parked some way down the road and carried my back pack to the place to clean it. 

It's a three-story charity home for Chavs; keeping them off the street.

So after a ten-minute wait, I eventually got all the sash windows closed and I started work.  Four windows later, I saw something smearing all over a window.  A young Chav's head appeared at the said window and I indicated for him to open the window, which he did.

'What's all that on your window?' I asked.

'It's chip fat!', said the Chav.

'How 'ruddy' hell did you get chip fat on your window?' I asked crossly.

'It's not my fault, it was Daz upstairs; he poured his chip fat out from his window', said the Chav.

I had to go home, get a clean brush, return and trad the affected windows; which was a pain; ladders too.

And to add insult to injury, on my return visit I parked the car in their extremely tight car park and scraped my bumper reversing out - AND - I lost my prime parking slot in the street where I had loads of other jobs to do.

I wasn't a happy teddy bear; my hands still smell of chips!

I think these Chavs should be conscripted in the army and posted to the Helman province in Afganistan.  That'll teach 'em!

Jeff Brimble

Re: Chavs and chip fat all over 'my' windows...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 06:20:36 pm »
Once upon a time(the only time) I cleaned  the glass on a passing JCB for a challenge - about 1/2 throgh I noticed a slight smearing effect and went on to clean and coat 3 house upstairs with red axle grease. Took the rest of the morning to try to get it off the upstairs and about 2 days to remove it from the brush. I get a similar effect from kebabs smeared on the shop windows , how on earth anyone eats kebabs after seeing wot goes in I dont know.

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 06:38:26 pm »
I think a spare brush head is a 'must'!

Also:

I get a similar effect from kebabs smeared on the shop windows , how on earth anyone eats kebabs after seeing wot goes in I dont know.

I've worked in a kebab shop when I was 15 years old (even though I look like I should've been working in a Chinese takeaway; I used to get some 'stick').  I know the stuff that goes into kebab meat, but I still love them; honest; especially with plenty of chilli sauce.

It's a shame I'm a Fith Columnist-sandal wearing-vegitarian; I really miss a good Doner!

But back to the original post; I'm going to charge them an extra 20 quid for the hassle and time.  I have to invoice for this one, so I'll send them a letter.  I let the management know when I was there and they were aware of it, but didn't think it would affect me.  They said the particular young lad was on a warning.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 07:57:17 pm »
Tosh mate, always carry a spare.  ::)

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 08:36:26 pm »

Macc,

I work from my car; it's the family car also; space is a factor and this is the first time ever I needed to have a spare brush; just about!

Anyway, it was good to have a whinge about my day!

brett walker

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 09:21:22 pm »
Tosh

funny you should mention chavs, picked a new account up last week did the front the lady came out and gave me the 10 quid good start. :)  I asked her if she could unlock the back gate she said yes, went round the back to find it locked >:( lifted myself up on the back fence as the back door was open.  Her son the 'chav' just stood there staring, and said a brush on a stick ::)  i asked him if he could open the gate finally he did.  Then i had to get by one of those massive swimming pools i nearly fell in  ;D did the back windows lowered my pole only to find chocolate had melted all on the window sill and melted into all of the bristles of my brush.  What idiot puts chocolate on the window sill in this warm weather weve had ??? :'(

Brett

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 09:29:23 pm »

Macc,

I work from my car; it's the family car also; space is a factor and this is the first time ever I needed to have a spare brush; just about!

Anyway, it was good to have a whinge about my day!

OK Tosh, point taken mate, a spare brush takes alot of space up  ;).

I do like it when you whinge  ;D

tacky

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 10:33:56 pm »
i do a argos store in gwent whats five shops away blo  dy mc donalds  monday morn  tom ketchup everywhere  no wonder no bugger wanted it