Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chrismroberts

Accident insurance
« on: April 20, 2007, 03:28:02 pm »
Hi all :) Was just wondering how many here had personal accident insurance? It seems like a great idea to me, but wondered what was the best company to use + how much to pay?

I had a company recommended to me by another w/c - Combined Insurance - does anyone have any experience with these? Their cover seems to be pretty comprehensive, so there must be a catch?  ::)

Chris

eddie d

Re: Accident insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 03:40:05 pm »
dont go there mate .they are not very good when it comes to a claim .
i got mine through the aa ,and needed  clainm heavily on the policy 10 yrs ago .
costs me 11.80 a month .i ended up claiming nearly 40k and was off work 6 months with a broken foot

chrismroberts

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 03:42:04 pm »
The AA as in the car people? £40k in 6 months?! wow! Didn't know they did accident insurance, is it worth giving them a call then?

ray l

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 10:26:21 am »
I took out a policy with combined on the wednesday for accidents
(£19 a month covers for broken bones and such).

Broke my leg on the friday and didn,t have any hassle making the claim or getting payed.

So they are ok that way.

If you are disaplinned with money you could set asside £50 a month and leave this as you own cover , and the money stays in your own account.

ray

chrismroberts

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 12:39:23 pm »
I guess that was pretty good timing then...  :-\ How much cover did you take out? Did they pay from the first day? I know that is one of their selling points.