Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

swindon

any ideas?
« on: April 21, 2007, 11:20:40 am »
hi guys
       i need a bit of help with this one, i have been asked to quote for a 3 bed semi cleaned trad. The problem is that last week the house was sprayed With that water repellant brick treatment and the windows were absolutly covered in it.
   The old man in the house said he has tried soapy water and cant shift it, he has also said he doesn't want me to touch the  windows with a razor as the last w/c scratched them.
i dont want to turn the work away but on the other hand i dont want to turn up and spend hours on it,
            anyone know of a way round this one?

chris@c.m.s

Re: any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 11:40:30 am »
I wouldn't think twice about walking away from it, he's already accused the last window cleaner of scratches you could be in a no win situation, definitely not worth the bother you'll soon pick up a better job. 
Sussex by the sea

Pat Purcell

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 11:54:53 am »
I have dealt with this a few times , Walk away would be good advice
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

macmac

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 12:37:19 pm »
agree with the others, walk away.

tony

Davew

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 01:20:37 pm »
Put in a huge price then clean it off with meths, white spirit or similar. Get him to claim that massive price back on his house insurance.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 05:00:46 pm »
I walked away from a small commercial (£30 every 2 months) because they had the outsides rendered and asked me to get the residue off the windows and UPVC.

I explained that I thought that it was the responsibility of the builders to remove their own mess, not mine.

They got the hump because it was the owner's bro-in-law that did the job on the cheap.

Bye, Bye! (It still looks awful two years on!)
It's a game of three halves!

LWC

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 05:25:34 pm »
forget it!  ;)

its only a 3 bed semi too, hardly gonna make you your millions this month

hehe

if hes whinged about the last window cleaner then he's for sure gonna blame you for seomthing!

NWH

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 06:36:06 pm »
It`s odds on that once you`ve cleaned it off he`ll say thank you i`ll ring you when i want you again,he might not tell you but it sounds like he`s looking for a one off.Walk away.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 07:39:24 pm »
let it go. it's not worth the hassle
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

matt

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 07:40:12 pm »
the stuff does not come off easily :( it really doesnt

if you cannot use a scraper, then thats it really, you wont get it off

as the others have said, dont bother

dai

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 08:59:22 pm »
I was watching a guy water proofing brickwork a month ago. He was using an alcohol spray with paper toweling to wipe off the glass.
I was there again yesterday and asked the householder if any residue had been left on the glass, [it's not one of my jobs]. He said no they were fine.
Maybe if it's removed before it gets a chance to soak in, it's OK, but I have a job that was treated and nothing shifts it. Well only a new blade and that takes ages just to do a small area. Leave it as others have said. Dai

EasyClean

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 11:01:34 pm »
Would Mineral Deposit Remover shift it? I've never tried the stuff and am just curious if anyone has tried it and how successful was it?
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

s.hughes

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 11:12:40 pm »
I just cant see the point even bothering with it when its a 3 bed semi

ok cleaning

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 11:26:54 pm »
too many good advises i hope you got the answer

swindon

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 11:04:30 am »
thanks for the input guys, i think im going to go with the majority on this one and give it a wide one, better still i will pass on the job to a dole dosser who has just started up last week in my area - might make him think twice about window cleaning to top up his cider fund! ;D