Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cleaner Windows

advertising
« on: April 19, 2007, 11:02:58 pm »
I've just taken advice i read a while back on here, advertising in one of those village monthly booklets with usefull phone numbers in.
 it has cost me £66 for three months but it sends a copy out to every single home and business  in the post code area each month!

I just havent got the time to canvass door to door etc, all i have is my flyers up on notice boards at nearby shops etc which do bring in approx 3 jobs per month, so hopefully this will do the business and i will end up with as many new customers as some of you have gained from this type of advertising!!

anybody else about to do this or already done it?
when I'm cleaning windows

matt

Re: advertising
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 11:05:48 pm »
i know a handyman who did this, he has built a "ok-ish" biz on the back of the advert

it must work, well it did for him

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 11:11:16 pm »
matt, I got excited by the posts I read cos they all said something positive bout doing it, one evn said something like he'd switched to wfp so ended up clearing his work too quickly, placed an ad and then ended up having to take the ad out due to too many new jobs (if that makes sense...im a tad drunk lol)

matt

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 11:13:40 pm »
matt, I got excited by the posts I read cos they all said something positive bout doing it, one evn said something like he'd switched to wfp so ended up clearing his work too quickly, placed an ad and then ended up having to take the ad out due to too many new jobs (if that makes sense...im a tad drunk lol)

yes, they must work, the only place this guy has put ad's is in the local booklet and on the back of the local chinese takeway menu, he seems to have enough work

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 11:20:58 pm »
I hope this is money well spent then ;) only time will tell i spose. I can tell you that for the two years this new ad mag has been going, that there hasnt been 1 window cleaner in it! and before that it was just the local parish mag doing the same sort of thing, but for the 5 years ive lived here there aint been one in there either!
i'll cross my fingers  :-\

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 10:35:00 pm »
yeh but if you only get 1 £10 house out of 100 who got the leaflet,flyer,ad, then in my book its worth it, over 12 months that is £120 and so on, money is money etc, although i wont be overly excited if i only get 1 new customer from the ad lol

s.hughes

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 10:51:38 pm »
Denis, I'm sorry but I just cant read your posts with that flashing on the side

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 10:56:22 pm »
lol, well if ya feel that strongly about it.....

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 10:58:54 pm »
better?

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 07:39:10 am »
yeh, word of mouth etc is best as I know, but I just need to advertise as a bonus for getting extra custom. I have no time to canvass etc so placing an ad in a local mag makes sense as long as it works.

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 08:03:30 am »
There is a bloke I know who has recently been made redundant and has started dog walking for a living. He's doing well although I have to say I never would have thought of it in a million years.

He charges £10 a dog and takes 2 or 3 dogs out at a time. Some dog walkers take out up to 8 at a time.  Dogs get walked every day! so once you have about 10 customers your books are full.  He says there are loads of enquiries. Mind you he is operating in some of the poshest suburbs in North London.

The point is there is a National Web site for dog walking. You register and people looking for dog walkers enter the area they want and up comes a list of people working in that area.

Thats what we want for window cleaning. Or shall we all throw it in and go dog walking?

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 09:28:36 am »
LOL it is tempting isnt it  ;D, although you'd need to buy a huge pooper scooper and loadsa bags!!

tony27

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 06:28:33 pm »
I've just taken advice i read a while back on here, advertising in one of those village monthly booklets with usefull phone numbers in.
 it has cost me £66 for three months but it sends a copy out to every single home and business  in the post code area each month!

I just havent got the time to canvass door to door etc, all i have is my flyers up on notice boards at nearby shops etc which do bring in approx 3 jobs per month, so hopefully this will do the business and i will end up with as many new customers as some of you have gained from this type of advertising!!

anybody else about to do this or already done it?

Den, £66  sounds good for 3 months advertising.
If you were to do leaflets it would cost at least £20 for 1000 copies then you have the hard work of posting them, and lets face it, posting leaflets is hard on the knuckles when you get a stiff post box flap.

More people will receive your ad with the monthly mag but i dont read my local mag and lots of other people wont, having said that- my old girl reads it and lots of other women probably will and they are the purse strings of the household. I think it will work to some extent and it is cheap enough to laugh off if it does'nt work.

It will save you time and hard work pounding the pavement and as they say "time is money"

The only thing is, you may end up with customers dotted about all over your post code area.

Good luck mate.

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 06:40:02 pm »
thanks tony, will let you all know what happens!