Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

qwert

RO SYSTEM IN SHED??
« on: April 22, 2007, 04:19:25 pm »
I am thinking abouyt setting-up this in a brand new shed.  Will this be Ok in the winter and not effect the system ie filters??

The shed will be  3 yds from the kitchen and I intend running a pipe from kitchen from mains with booster pump in kitchen.  Does thois seems sensible??

Would it be better to have RO in kitchen rather than shed but I'd have more space in Shed?

Thoughts??  Advice?

Thanks

LWC

Re: RO SYSTEM IN SHED??
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 04:25:53 pm »
i have mine in garage but with no doors on yet

in the winter when it was freezing, about febuary time, i came in after a week off due to the cold

the frost smashed all my prefitler housings, and both the ro membrane housings. not a happy bunny!

anyway, if theyre gonna get cold take precautions!  ;)

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 06:07:03 pm »
I have mine in the shed, but in the winter its well insulated, so I don't end up like LWC ;D Take his  advice and insulate in the winter.

matt

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 06:31:13 pm »
it would be fine, just in the winter, pop along to argos or focus DIY and buy a liltt electric frost heater, they kick in at 2 C i belive, this will stop anything in your shed freezing

other that that, put the RO in the kitchen and just run the pipe out to the shed

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 07:32:30 pm »
i keep mine in the shed (no problems)
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 07:36:34 pm »
Mine is in a shed but then saying that its more like an extention. All insulated & my heating system is out there so its nice & warm.  ;D.

Like Matt said, get yourself a frost heater & you will have no problems.

Macc

qwert

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 08:16:44 pm »
Thanks for all replies. 

I'll go for RO in shed but will ensure insulated.  As I won't be getting a merlin I will need power supply.  How do you guys sort that out??  It is probably already in garadge but how have you sorted out power to shed?

Ta   

Lizzy

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 08:20:32 pm »
armoured cable direct from fuseboard.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

qwert

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 08:38:00 pm »
Is that something that only a qualified sparky could do or is it something  possible DIY??

Also is the cable secured outside or just left on ground? / running near fence etc

matt

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 08:43:23 pm »

The shed will be  3 yds from the kitchen and I intend running a pipe from kitchen from mains with booster pump in kitchen.  Does thois seems sensible??

3 yrds, just your a extension cable plugged into a "breaker unit"

have the socket on the wall of the shed, and put the heater on a breezeblock, that way if your tank overflows, your electric stuff doesnt get wet ;)