Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

thepez17

element in water tank
« on: April 11, 2007, 06:06:05 pm »
hi guys,

im thinking of upgrading my machine and having one of those elements put in the actual water tank. ive been to a few properties now where the owners have turned off the water heater etc etc and my heat exchangers takes a while to get to steam.

im just wondering if its worth it, and does anyone have an idea of a cost?

rob
'It's ganna cost ya love'

gwrightson

Re: element in water tank
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 06:19:53 pm »
why do you want steam?

cold water is fine with certain chems, admitadly hot is good in certain situations , but why steam?

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

thepez17

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 09:07:00 am »
hi there,

a lot of work i get thru is from letting/sales agencies and the tenants etc leave them absolutely disgusting. i find steam works much better, uses less water and overall gives a better performance.

admitedly, my heater exchanger has been on the blink for ages (hench the reason for upgrading the machine) and i rely on the properties hot water tank being on. i can get the same result, but i find it a little more hard work.

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 08:56:11 am »
i just went to my local vac repair shop and he fitted a submersion heater, def worth doing and only cost me about £30

thepez17

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 09:15:36 am »
wow! thats well good. im ganna source it today. im a lazy b***ard and dont fancy the drive down to kent to get ashbys to do it. lol

hows business anyway?

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 10:07:10 pm »
If you get a connector for the end of your hose to put the water back in the tank after going through you steammate it will heat the tank while you set the rest of the gear up etc . With the chill off, the temp of the water when you are cleaning will be much higher. A 3kw heater in the tank will take about 20-25 mins to get to any decent temp.
Be careful of fitting an element in a plastic tank. I did this a while ago and the collar of the element melted the floor of the tank.  I ended up fitting a stainless sheet to mount the element on. PIA.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

calmore

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 10:12:43 pm »
You don't want to put an elephant in yer tank. It makes the machine awfully heavy and you have to keep cleaning it out....oh!
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/