Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Tricky and sticky
« on: April 12, 2007, 08:13:23 pm »
I have a very nice exclusive property to clean with a new conservatory/extension roof to do. First problem is I have to climb on the roof - aparently I can walk along the box section guttering but the biggest problem looks to be silicone stuck to the glass. Any advice on how to remove it? I'm not too sure if I can reach it to scrape it off.

jeff1

Re: Tricky and sticky
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:55:49 am »
You can buy silicon remover, squirt some of that on the end of an old applicator and work on it that way, assuming you have poles?

No guttering that I know of is strong enough to take the weight of a person, even if the glass is,  you have to be so carefull once the glass is wet, it becomes like an ice rink you could so easily slip off, or go through the roof.

use a ladder, and pole from there, if you have plenty of conservatory roof work invest in a conservatory roof ladder.

STAY SAFE ;)

Davew

Re: Tricky and sticky
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 08:08:29 pm »
Hard to describe really it's a big house that looks to have been linked to a detatched garage with this glass roof to make a beautifull dining room. Hefty looking job with rain sensors built in to close the vents I suppose. I rekon I can stand to the side and wfp it Quite safely (i hope). They have a cleaner but he refuses to go up a ladder since he broke his leg or ankle. I have even considered using my van roof as a platform as it has a full legnth rack.