Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Colin_Glenn

Arrrrrrgggghhh!!! number 2
« on: April 16, 2007, 05:19:41 pm »
Today I was cleaning windows with my trusty WFP, but she wasn't so trusty! A customer started chatting to me so I unplugged the brush thinking the varistream would turn off the water for me. This it did, but the hose popped off the reel which was outside the back gate so I didn't notice.

The old dear kept me chatting for half an hour as I had a drink then when I got back to the van I noticed that half of my water had gone down the drain. So I ended up finishing at 4pm when the water comletely ran out.

MUITO frustrante!!!

Colin
Transparent Weather Exclusion Systems Technician.

NWH

Re: Arrrrrrgggghhh!!! number 2
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 05:20:56 pm »
Buy 100mtrs of microbore.

Colin_Glenn

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 05:28:07 pm »
I have microbore, 100 meters, the problem is that the hose connecting the pump to the microbore reel popped off the reel.  :(
Transparent Weather Exclusion Systems Technician.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 05:47:04 pm »
4pm isn't that a bad time, I try not to work beyond 3pm myself.  Those old dears can be dangerous though can't they, a cup of tea, a half hour chat and before you know it they've suck your brains out.

Know how it feels though to have wasted water on the drain, very frustrating.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 06:01:11 pm »
4pm isn't that a bad time, I try not to work beyond 3pm myself.  Those old dears can be dangerous though can't they, a cup of tea, a half hour chat and before you know it they've suck your brains out.

Know how it feels though to have wasted water on the drain, very frustrating.

Not many Uncle! - Yak, Yak Yak!

Today I was thinking do another house before I go home when custy says "Cuppa?" - Nice thinks me - a bit of sugar rush to keep me going another half hour or so.

Ten mins later "Come and sit in the conservatory, I've laid on some biccies for you."

Aaaaagh! I can't appear ungrateful and so pay for this kindness by not doing that last house!

What a grumpy old git I am! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Pureandclean

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 08:21:54 pm »
Put a stop end on the hose from the van to the hose reel, if it pops off again, you won't lose any water.

matt

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 08:26:12 pm »
well i lost 30.50 of work today

2 deaths

1 in a OAP home

1 moving to spain tommorow

i can take a house or 2 leaving me, but 30 quid, i had to go and claw some back, i knocked on 2 doors next to houses i do

picked up the first for 9 quid then the 2nd for 18 quid

then my pole wouldnt open, so i packed up and came home

made me laugh in the end

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 08:37:31 pm »
well i lost 30.50 of work today

2 deaths

1 in a OAP home

1 moving to spain tommorow
What, one of the dead ones is off to Spain? ;D

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 02:52:45 pm »
turned up on a house today and the muppet husband said "not this time, the windows are clean......" Grrrr, usual story, wife desperate fir a regular WC'er, husband an idiot who thinks it's a waste of money.

Tried all the usual chat to convince him it's worth it blah blah but lost my rag in the end as he was a complete numpty.

Oh well, next house was a lovely customer with a nice cold drink. His loss...and now he's got to tell his wife how he lost their excellent window cleaner  :P

JM123

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 04:25:43 pm »

His loss...and now he's got to tell his wife how he lost their excellent window cleaner  :P

A mate of mine lost a customer a few weeks back - customer thought he was too expensive (£5 for a 3 bed semi), so I canvassed the same house about 2/3 days later, she asked me how much - I quoted £8 just for a laugh, you want to have seen the look on her face! She couldn't march me away from the house quick enough, muttering something about trying to rob people etc etc

Priceless!!
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I