Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

what would you term a loyal customer

some one you have cleaned for one year
20.4%
11 (20.4%)
someone you have cleaned for two years
40.7%
22 (40.7%)
none becase they are all weirdo,s
14.8%
8 (14.8%)
less than a year that pays you mega and makes you tea
9.3%
5 (9.3%)
all your cyustomers are loyal (liar)
14.8%
8 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

shammy davis jnr

loyal customers
« on: March 29, 2007, 11:30:35 am »
ok guys i see this wording about alot (loyal customer) lets see what the survey says personaly i think it depends on the certain persons mood when you turn up as to there attitude .so yes i do think they are all mental and take there mood swings out on the poor window cleaner when it suits them ,
so my loyal customers are the ones over a year our 2
i hate the ones you do them 2/3 times and they say i will do my own from now on i hate to even waste time to put these folk on the system  for in a few weeks you know they will be off again 
lol be honest now

Trevor Knight

Re: loyal customers
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 01:36:16 pm »
Loyal - its a strange understanding what we determin as loyal.

I would consider my customers as reliable and not necessarily loyal. I have had some customers over 10 years, have seen their children grow up, but I also understand that if my work slips or prices rise above the rate of inflation then I am giving them every reason to look elsewhere?

So my answer is all my customers are reliable and I am loyal to the cause of giving them the service they want and as few reasons as possible for them to look elsewhere!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 03:37:44 pm »
excellent reply mate what a good way of looking at it after all we would be up the creek without them of any description ,
no i like that way off looking at 
respect to jeff from the  ;)davis

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 03:39:52 pm »
sorry trev lol  sill respect from davis
my cousin  jeff has just left lol

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 09:18:36 pm »
only thirty votes so far out off one fifty  alot  off lookers
i said lookers     :o ;D

marc

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 09:55:23 pm »
no such thing as loyal customer had some so called  loyal customers cancel after i went wfp only a hand ful mind i would proberly say they are loyal once some one has canvesed your area and even said they would do windows cheaper and they stay with you or that could be better the devil you know .             marc

Mr.G

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 10:42:51 pm »
my definition of a loyal customer- someone who cheerfully accepts price rises, and turns cheaper canvassers away.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 10:53:17 pm »
I ticked the 2 year box but I would like to have seen a longer time span as a choice.
I found out a lot about loyalty when I was too ill to work for about 6 months (and mailshotted everyone to let them know what was going on).  I lost some customers who had been with me for ten or twelve years.  Some who had only been with me a year stuck around.
I don't feel that loyalty is the right word really.  Generally, most people don't like change and it can be rather the devil you know than the devil you don't.  However, since regaining my health, I have given a very reliable service to everyone and have not wavered from the six weekly intervals even in Winter - give or take a couple of days.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 10:55:50 pm »
I don't think any customer is loyal.  I've done customers for years seen the children grow, have the customer turn down under cutting competition, always making a cup of tea for us and having a chat. And then one day and for no reason, "we've decided to do them ourselves to save money" (ok kind of a reason).

A good customer is one that always pays and never turns you away.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 10:50:56 am »
i had a customer once who after 12 years said andy im going to have to stop you i said is there anything wrong he said a bit embaresed ive been laid off , i said thats a shame he is a fiver clean  and i do his whole block and i said what does that change well andy he replies i need to cut back me old mate and i cant aford my windows cleaning anymore 
i said you dont need to worry about that ,
i will do u for nothing till you get back on your feet  he said i cant do that  i said no but i can
after about five free cleans he landed a big job and he now gives me  anything thats going  at his work etc ...
now thats what i call loyal on both sides off the fence

JM123

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 11:33:47 am »
nice one shammy - had a customer a while back tell me the same, had only been doing them for about 4months so didn't offer them for free but I'm gonna do them for her for free next time round - they're absolutely filthy now (that was about 5/6 months ago)
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 11:53:56 am »
i would have felt bad for him if i left him out having to explane to his neighbours that the guy was a bit down in his luck and i was told at an early age treat others the way you would like to be treated your self
but you do get the right ass wholes out there that would argue black was white 
you know the ones you missed a window so im not paying you lol but your daughters car was there and i could not get it moved so that is my fault is it you no the drill dont get me off on one lol im off to a race night to night and i dont want to go on my high horse lol rather be on a fast one

colley614

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 02:43:05 pm »
Loyal customers. My Wife, She's always nagging me to clean ours and they haven't been done for about 4 months and she still uses my services.  ;D

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 02:49:04 pm »
he he he nice one couley  :D :D :D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 03:39:07 pm »
Nice story and a good rule to live by.  If only every body would do the same, treat others how you would like to be treated.

Simon.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 07:06:28 pm »
your right there buddy but its all down to pounds and pence for some people  im afraid