Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colley614

Building on my Round
« on: March 30, 2007, 04:59:56 pm »
Right guys I need your opinions on my round. I started out about 4-5 months ago now and have basically built up an hours worth of shops on a tuesday and an hours on a friday. I've got a half day on a wednesday of houses but work is still coming in slowly. I just wondered what the best way to expand from here is as I'm sick of earning just £100ish a week after all these months. 

simon knight

Re: Building on my Round
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:02:25 pm »

Knock on doors and knock on doors and then knock on more doors. If you have your ladders/wfp on the van around the corner you can offer to do 'em straight away...sort of combining canvassing and work.

Good luck mate.

Helen

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 06:12:30 pm »
when you do your half day of houses, spend the other half leafleting/door knocking whatever the same areas as these houses. Not just the one time, but a few times. Existing customers - when they pay you ask if they know of anyone that would benefit form your service. When you leave your bill, leave a leaflet asking for referrals. Your shop fronts, maybe for one free clean or something they would put up a A4 poster for you FOC in return. Have your business cards/leaflets ready for the customers in the shops as they go in/come out give them the details. Got a local parish mag at all? for low cost advertising this really is a good way. With Easter weekend coming up why not take some time over that weekend to leaflet when you know people are home. Personally I wouldn't doorknock over a bank hol weekend, but maybe some would. Back to the shops the shop owners and their staff have you asked them yet? Ummmmm can't think of anymore at the mo ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 06:36:59 pm »
Right guys I need your opinions on my round. I started out about 4-5 months ago now and have basically built up an hours worth of shops on a tuesday and an hours on a friday. I've got a half day on a wednesday of houses but work is still coming in slowly. I just wondered what the best way to expand from here is as I'm sick of earning just £100ish a week after all these months. 

Yep.  Door knocking is definitely the quickest way to build it.  Leaflets can be OK but you need to cover many more houses to get the same amount of work.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 06:52:45 pm »
All the above and call either side and directly opposite and say:-

"I regularly clean your neighbours windows (point to it/them) and can squeeze a few more local people into my round, would you like me to add you to my list?"

Other than weirdo's they will say:-

1. Yes - So price it up and Bob's your mother's brother.

2. How Much? - Then as above if yes, as below if no.

3. No - So say thanks, give them a card/leaflet and say if you need my services in the future give me a call or grab me when you see me around next.

If they have a current w/c gracefully exit.
It's a game of three halves!

colley614

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 07:02:41 pm »
Yeah cool Ideas. I was thinking of getting all my shops to put leaflets in the window and leafleting the roads i'm in now. Then knocking on the doors with ladders handy  ;). Then when I've done them houses canvass the next road and knock back 24 hours later with ladders handy and so on and so forth.

Whats the best way of getting wfp work?

Pureandclean

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 07:55:43 pm »
If you are still trad. knock on doors of houses surrounding present customer, with bucket in hand, and ask if they can fill your bucket up, as the house you are cleaning, customer isn't in.
 Quite often they will ask you, how much you charge.

Also, wash out your scrim, whilst standing at the front of house, in full view of rest of street, any neighbours looking out their window, will be impressed that you are going to use clean scrim, and might well ask for a price.

Blessings,

Graeme

colley614

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 08:21:53 pm »
I like the thinking there. Thats good. Little bit of cheek goes a long way.

TVCS

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 09:29:45 pm »
I find that a good steady supply of business cards will help a great deal.  I get mine from www.vistaprint.co.uk. you can get 250 for free and only pay the postage.  I have had a bout 1500 for nowt so far.  Whilst out today I bumped into a carpet cleaner who wanted some as he is always being asked by customers etc so we exchanged some and I picked up a new house today and the owner runs a domestic cleaning biz.  Again she said that she is often asked for window cleaning but says she only handles interior cleaning so she had a bout 50 too.  I always leave a card when I clean a property and I find that the customers pass them on to friends and family.  You could try a recommend a friend offer and come up with a discount per referal. 
I advertise in a few parish magazines and I have a A4 size ad in a shop window and that keeps a steady supply of calls coming in, not bad for a quid a week.
Hope some of this makes sense
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

colley614

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 10:55:45 pm »
Yeah it all makes sense.

I have paid out for 1000 business cards. I have posted them through doors and for 1000 business cards I got about 10 phone calls. Funny thing was I made sure they all went though houses that had dirty windows. I'm thinking of going round the houses I've canvassed and knocking to see if I get a better result.