Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Loyal Customers
« on: March 28, 2007, 10:27:25 pm »
The summer and beer money brigade are failing so far

Over the past couple of days I have been working in one of my big areas, and no less than a dozen customers have told me, another WC has knocked there door and offered to clean there windows,

when the customers say no thank you we have a WC, he has then offered to do them cheaper and all of them have replied no thank you.

Is that loyalty for you, no doubt he has approached more of my customers and they may have forgotten to mention it, I have the rest of the week to go yet, so time will tell.

So it does pay to stop and have the odd cuppa with them, or take the old Lady's wheelie bin to the end of the path for her and wash the odd dirty door for the disabled lady, it all pays dividends in the end 'O' and not forgetting to do a good Job in the first place and always be reliable.

DASERVICES

Re: Loyal Customers
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 10:38:52 pm »
It does and if you are like me too many cups of tea and you have to run to the local pub to dispense it back out  ;D

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 10:49:12 pm »
It does and if you are like me too many cups of tea and you have to run to the local pub to dispense it back out  ;D
Don't forget the all of the bicky's and slices of cake, Yummie ;D today I had 2 crumpets covered in home made Jam ;D ;D

DASERVICES

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 11:06:09 pm »
Ah but would you drink the tea and eat the crumpets from a house that smells that someone has died in it.  ;D

Anyone done that and then looked at the bottom of the cup and felt sick  :-[

JM123

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 11:07:37 pm »
I must say I have quite a few loyal customers although I lost one account this week (25quid) because of 2 things - he wanted me to invoice him everytime and put it down on the invoice as his business address (he has offices in town) and he also wanted a free clean at Christmas every year (he really meant it too!!) as in his eyes 'you get more than enough tips from other people to make up for it'!!

I raised 2 objections - firstly I don't do dishonesty  ;)

secondly I was never once offered a cup of tea in the cold or a cool drink in the summer, so stuff him.

I don't need his 25quid  8)
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

macmac

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 11:08:44 pm »
couldn't agree more jeff, to me your biggest asset is a good relationship with your customers cos' these are the times when it pays off.
 ;)
tony

Ian_Giles

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 06:28:09 am »
I must say I have quite a few loyal customers although I lost one account this week (25quid) because of 2 things - he wanted me to invoice him everytime and put it down on the invoice as his business address (he has offices in town) and he also wanted a free clean at Christmas every year (he really meant it too!!) as in his eyes 'you get more than enough tips from other people to make up for it'!!

secondly I was never once offered a cup of tea in the cold or a cool drink in the summer, so stuff him.

What a cheek! asking for a free clean at Christmas!!

If I cleaned his business premises then I would have happily written out the invoice to his business.
I have a few I do like that as it is.
However; No way would I have done it if I DIDN'T have his business premises!!

Some people have got such a nerve...

And I totally agree with making the effort to get on well with your customers too...the downside of that is that it can also make it difficult to up their prices too :-\
I do one Cafe in town where they do me a take away cuppa for half price, even when I pop in on a day I'm not cleaning their windows...as a result I haven't put their price up for several years!!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 08:08:38 am »

That one would have been an ex-customer for me as well.
I find it hard to believe the brass necked cheek of some people.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 08:13:44 am »

What a cheek! asking for a free clean at Christmas!!

If I cleaned his business premises then I would have happily written out the invoice to his business.
I have a few I do like that as it is.
However; No way would I have done it if I DIDN'T have his business premises!!

Some people have got such a nerve...

And I totally agree with making the effort to get on well with your customers too...the downside of that is that it can also make it difficult to up their prices too :-\
I do one Cafe in town where they do me a take away cuppa for half price, even when I pop in on a day I'm not cleaning their windows...as a result I haven't put their price up for several years!!

Ian

I found that getting too friendly with customers was a big mistake years ago.  I don't do it now because it can cause problems.  One of them ended up becoming my worst "not today thank you" and it was difficult to drop as I did the neighbours' either side.  When one of the neighbours also caught the disease, I had to take action.  Well it was more like inaction really.  I just missed them both out the following visit.  When asked why, I explained that I just can't afford to work that way.  Hopefully my treatment has cured them.

Dr Shiner   :)

JM123

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 11:38:09 am »
Dr Shiner

What would you prescribe for the 'I'll call you when I need them done' brigade?

I fear this is a most infectious disease.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 11:43:11 am »
Dr Shiner

Arsenic   :)

Helen

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 12:34:59 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

mark dew

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 03:23:52 pm »
Dr Shiner

I think it is fair enough for people to phone when they want them doing next as long as you have a pricing structure in place which takes into account the extra work needed.
If they aren't happy then all you've lost is a potential problem customer.
I do prefer regular work though.
Also, i never do a job straight away (unless its a new job) and tell them i can only fit them in next time round. I only have 2 who are like this sometimes and one has gone back to a regular clean.