Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lucymulligan

being childish
« on: March 30, 2007, 03:02:00 pm »
i only advertise in a small locall shop ,as this is one of the main areas that i can attract business without door knocking. ONLY
NOW THIS IS REALLY SILLY  >:( >:(
some one keeps removing my nice shiny glossy cards , i spoke to the shop its not them doing it and from the sudden SURGE in cards from another window cleaner (on all three sides of the notice board may i add)
i have my strong suspisions who is doing it
i know that this is really silly and im not about to do anything about it really , but i just really want my card to stay up there without having to check it every day !! i feel that the person doing this is just being pathetic

any advice ???
better to risk my neck for myself than break my back for some one else !!

Trevor Knight

Re: being childish
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 03:05:17 pm »
If you pay for advertising the shop is under obligation to retain your advert until it expires! I would have strong words with them and demand the card is reinstated and kept there!!

Trevor
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Helen

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 03:08:18 pm »
agree with trevor, if you are paying it is the shops responsibility.
Why not ask the shop people if you could put an A4 size poster in the window. Taped on and larget than cards would be easier for the shop people to monitor and harder for others to take down especially if you can get it behind the servicng counter area.

lucymulligan

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 03:14:30 pm »
it s free to post in the shop ! you just have to put the date on it . and they take it down in two weeks ( but some i have seen up since i moved here ) but mine never last a week. the poster thing is a good idea but i dont know  if they will `ave it becuase thay have this rubbis sticky stuff al l over the place

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 03:15:44 pm »
i have my strong suspisions who is doing it
any advice ???

Get one of your husband's mates; someone with a big-deep-loud-voice; whose articulate and threatening (there's plenty like this in the army) to phone your suspect and politely ask that your advertising remains intact.

Of course he'll deny it, but the message will be sent. ;D

Biscute

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 03:17:08 pm »
Sorry lucy but i do think its quite funny, i ust to do the same thing when the bin men rufused to take my work bin i would walk down many streets and leav it to get them to take it, some weeks tey would other weeks tey left it as they new it was mine. It is a pain but just see te funny side of it you will never win if you stress about it.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

lucymulligan

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 03:19:53 pm »
got a few ideas up my sleeve ( none which involve any retribution ).. im hoping the fact i live in the village will be to my advantage ......

lucymulligan

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 03:22:13 pm »
ah im not stressin about it to much .... i havnt got to resort to these kinda tactics to get work...anyway off to play dinosaurs now  but i will be back later to read the forum .... i have not read much of it this week ;D

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 03:33:20 pm »
What a dick head he is, ::) if he wants the work then he can have it, if and when you want retribution post his telephone number on here and we'll all give him call-outs to come and price, he'll soon take his leaflets out of the window.

Stick with it lucy do a good job and the work will keep coming in on its own.  Best of luck to you.

jouk45

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 03:41:26 pm »
put on the back of the card in big writing, YOU ARE BEING WATCHED  ;D THAT WILL MAKE THEM THINK

Trevor Knight

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 04:24:11 pm »
Could you not ask the shop to verify the name of who is asking the leaflet to be removed by. If only you can give your name, then unless he is a cross dresser he will have a hard job passing himself off as you?
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Biscute

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 04:27:08 pm »
Yer lucy i like jouks idear
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

colley614

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 05:09:17 pm »
I'd just phone the number on his card and ask him why he is removing them. (reasons are obvious) but I'd just ask what the point is in being childish. Other than that, I do a newsagents window and I knock £3.00 a month off the price to have my card in the window.

tacky

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 05:38:06 pm »
hi lucy what if when u put up ur card u take the others down  they might take the joke an stop messing u around

ValueValeting

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 06:26:34 pm »
Laminate your card then Superglue the back of your card..... ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 06:31:15 pm »
I suppose you could print out your phone number and stick it over his number on his cards and then put them back   :)

lucymulligan

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 07:09:11 am »
some good idead ,,,thanks guys well the weather is supposed to be good today ...which is good as i got a full day !! .. most in the same road aswell

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 08:57:10 am »
I would take his cards ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

KJG

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 10:22:26 am »
Swipe one of his cards, scan it to your computer, open it up in a paint program, replace his number with yours, print off and put it back in shop. Repeat as and when.

colley614

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 10:31:21 am »
I remember a guy doing the same thing to a friend of mine so my friend phoned him and the guy said "I'm finding it really hard to get any work" So my friend gave him some of my friends crappy old work and they have been good mates since.