Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris Cottrell

Carbon Pole DIY'ers
« on: March 30, 2007, 03:56:39 pm »
Ive got myself a 16m carbon pole today great piece of kit this is , now I need to attach a screw end on it
Of those of you that have a carbon pole can you advise me on which screw end you have on the end and also is the end of the pole inside the screw end or outside of it and how have you secured it in place

Chris

Count Phil

Re: Carbon Pole DIY'ers
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 04:38:46 pm »
Listen carefully and I will tell you how to do it.

Get the standard plastic screw end (from gardiners - to fit the plastic adjustable gooseneck). It goes inside the end of the pole. Take the length wich will be the end of your pole.

Estimate where it will be wide enough for the screw to fit in and cut it at that point.  Take the top bit. Turn it upside down (so the thin end is pointing down) and glue the screw thread into this. 

Take the other peice of the section you cut in two. this will be the end section of you pole. The piece you have with the screw glued into, should slide into this ( so the screw is at the top). Glue it in place.

Tada. You now have a top pole section that is dpouble thickness around the screw thread for strength! although you cannot tell from the outside.

To make it treble thickness, the bit with the screw thread which goes inside the otther bit is probably quite long, cut an inch or so off the other end to the screw. Cut this into two - lengthways  - before you glue that section into the other.

When you have achieved the double thickness bit above, take these two pieces cut lengthways and glue them on the outside of the top pole sectiond around the screww neck. This in effect makes it treble thickness and very strong.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 06:39:53 pm »
As P Bowen said is excellent and you can get an aluminium vikan screw end instead of plastic if you want from cleantech. About £12 instead of £4 but obviously stronger.
It's a game of three halves!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 06:55:00 pm »
Its at the moment of cutting that your heart is in your mouth,   ::) err on the side of caution and go for it.
Its difficult to explain in print.
 (I do it a bit different with an outside system collar)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 07:16:51 pm »
I get the cutting down of the top section bit, but not sure i'm getting the rest of it ( the double thickness bit )

Explain please I may be being a bit thick

Chris

Count Phil

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 11:31:29 pm »
well, you're putting the thread in one bit of pole, then putting that bit of pole inside another bit of pole, so its double thickness.