Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Colin_Glenn

Is there that much difference in weight
« on: March 28, 2007, 09:28:26 pm »
I have been using an adapted Unger pole for the last three years with a 14" salmon brush. It is a 5 section pole of 6 feet each section. And is quite heavy

I need to buy a new pole but don't have a lot of cash and was wondering if a glass fiber pole with a vikan brush (perhaps sill brush) would be much lighter to work with. I was thinking of a universal pole or similar. I need about 24Foot to do most of my work.

Any comments?

Thanks Colin
Transparent Weather Exclusion Systems Technician.

Ian_Giles

Re: Is there that much difference in weight
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 09:42:53 pm »
I used the same pole for years, ditto the brush.

whatever pole you decide to buy, go for the lightest brush you possibly can.

Check out the brush that Gardiners use, they call it the supalite brush (or is that superlight?? or superlite even!)
It may be a bog standard and cheep sweeping brush that's converted for WFP use (no different to the Salmon ones, and many of the other WFP brushes out there) but it is very lightweight, the bristles are quite long and hold their form exceptionally well.
I think it is a ten inch brush, which worried me to begin with as I had the big Salmon one with fan jets in, but I've found it first rate.

If you cannot afford an expensive lightweight pole, by reducing the weight at the business end you will certainly reduce the strain on your body, just a few grams at 25 feet will make a big difference if you are reaching over a conservatory roof.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 11:45:38 pm »
Like Ian I used unger with salmon and like him I have gone modular plus a 12ft streamline telescopic.

Not as robust as the Unger but not so heavy. More accurate and easy to use over conservatory roofs at distances (24ft/30ft)  that would make the Unger bend like a bow!.
It's a game of three halves!

Colin_Glenn

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 08:56:08 am »
Thanks for the advice  :)
Transparent Weather Exclusion Systems Technician.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 02:32:37 pm »
lighter the better I say!

Shaun R.