Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trimanyellow

poles
« on: March 25, 2007, 10:50:04 pm »
Can anyone recommend a pole for 3 storey work that is also light enough to extend over conservatorys to reach those hard to get at windows??

many thanks

macmac

Re: poles
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:53:27 pm »
yep, a carbon facelift, one pole does it all, a dream to use. :D

tony

NWH

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 10:58:01 pm »
I got my 24ft facelift carbon pole last week and it`s a good pole but i wouldn`t use it for downstairs aswell i think it`s a bit to heavy for that,good pole at 20ft or so but still a bit whippy at full extension,using the superlite pole for 90% of my work has spoiled me im afraid.

trimanyellow

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 11:08:43 pm »
What size would you recommend getting then tony?

can you fit any brush on them ?

NWH

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 11:12:23 pm »
Get one with a standard size end screw on the end it will allow you to use any brush and almost all goosenecks,if you have the standard brush head that`s all you can use.

brett walker

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 11:18:56 pm »
I use a 20 ft pole 6x4 6ft sections Ionics Ergolite, i can just get to my 3rd storey windows,  over conservatories its got 12" commercial brush and goose neck with overhead spray as an extra that costs 445 pounds.  Be warned this is my second one going into my second year of wfp so be warned the poles do wear away within a year they are not as hard wearing as carbon fibre but lighter.  Facelift poles look good i think thats what i will go for next time but could not afford the 605 they wanted for a 25ft

regards :).

Brett

trimanyellow

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 11:22:40 pm »
many thanks for the advice

macmac

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 05:27:22 pm »
What size would you recommend getting then tony?

can you fit any brush on them ?

i cant say what size you should buy matey as everyones work is different & variable but IMO with a facelift its better to buy bigger because the pole sections can be taken off completely (de-mountable) so this way you can use the pole at any length you wish without all the bulk of the other sections at the base all the time. i personaly have the 44ft pole but only use it at full length once a month, this is when i add all the sections back on, the rest of the time its at 24ft (4xsections) & this does me for most of my work with the odd time adding another section or two. the water pipe can also be easily split with speedfit (pushfit) connectors if you dont want the extra length of pipe trailing behind, its a small connector that doesn't obstruct the movement of the pipe inside the pole. all the sections just slip on/off, no tools required & the pole is still telescopic. so you see, the pole realy is any size you want it to be, with all sections available to buy seperate if you break one or one eventually wears etc.etc. so you will not have to buy a whole new pole should anything wrong happen. i use the standard facelift brush + vikan rectangular. you will need to buy an adaptor from cleantech ( 6 quid) to fit none-facelift brushes on the pole.i use an angle-adaptor mostly now rather than the standard goosneck.

this is a top quality pole, not a throw-away pole, its expensive but it will pay for itself many times over in terms of your working life being so much easier & quicker. ;)

tony

NWH

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 05:39:08 pm »
£605 Brett? they didn`t charge me that,i got mine for £450+vat.