Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

neil100

Battery Question for JM123
« on: March 21, 2007, 07:45:57 pm »
 :o
JM123 I have a small delemia you may be able to help me with.

I bought a deep cycle american battery the US27tmx from Battery Megastore, after reading a post of yours were you said it had only lost 5% Efficiency in 2 years of use.

The charger is working perfectly as I dont have a problem getting a 100% charge on my other Lesiure Batterys. Just wanted to make clear the problem is not the charger.

I put the US27 on charge with my battery charger, a CTEK 7000, The charge gets up to Absorpition, but it will not complete the charge so it never switches over to Pulse maintenance charge indicated by a green led light coming on the charger.

Does your American battery take a long time to charge first time?

I have rung Battery megastore up yesterday and they said leave it on charge for 24hrs, If its not fully charged they will take it back and test it. Its been on charge for 24 hrs and the green light is not on.

I just wondered how yours goes on in chargeing.

please reply if you read this. Thankyou.

Nel.

jeff1

Re: Battery Question for JM123
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 08:01:30 pm »
Hi Nel

The CTEK 7000 charger is an excellent charger, if your battery has not reached full charge in 24hrs then depending what the cell's are built from, then it may be a faulty battery, but if its a decent battery and well made, I would give it 48hrs to be sure, if it doesn't reach full charge after 48hrs then the battery is defiantly at fault.

neil100

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 08:09:18 pm »
Thanks Jeff.

I will leave it on charge till Friday morning and see if its fully charged.

Nel.

JM123

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 05:50:32 pm »
Hi guys sorry only back - I don't know what the specs are on the ctek7000 but I'm sure that it would have been fully charged and switched to pulse within 24hrs (I'm assuming the ctek is powerful enough).

Chances are the battery has been sitting too long in a warehouse (cold and damp), if so then I' get them to replace the battery - but they are really good batteries.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I