Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pat Purcell

Re: Pics.... Is This Right Guys.....Set up ?
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 10:44:03 pm »
Goochie,its been a long time since I used a di system but when I did it looked much like your set up except that we had a carbon filter just before the Di cannisters
I believe it helped save the resin a little but Im sure someone on here a lot more knowledgeble than I will tell you if its a good or bad idea
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

G & M

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 11:22:48 pm »
Goochie, Williamx is right, if you can purify the water at  night into your 6ooltr tank it would be the best way to go. It would save your pump and you could start working first thing in the morning. Best of luck - Michael
p.s. we try to avoid using the water above 0-ppm as we feel that it is the best way to operate.

williamx

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 11:56:00 pm »
Hi Will, thanks for advice, pipe you see on Pic's is microbore, 8mm.

Goochie.

Try this 6mm tube http://www.altecweb.com/home.asp?cat=Subcategory4200 I have 140 metres on a reel and have no problems

billozz

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 05:37:47 pm »
goochie,
can i ask where you got that hosereel from please
regards
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

C-Thru.

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 06:03:51 pm »
Hi Bill, got the hose reel from VARITECH's dunno if they're nationwide but I got this one from the Newton Abbot branch here in Devon.
There number is 01626 830830

Goochie

billozz

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 10:27:02 pm »
thanks goochie,
i am more interested in the male fitting thats on the side of it, we have bought some metal hoselock type fittings because the plastic ones were wearing out but we cant find a metal fitting for the side of the reel, does that fitting take a normal hoselock fitting
thanks
Bill

macmac

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2007, 11:40:35 am »
goochie
 First of all, when a vessel is first filled with new resin for some reason the pressure is a lot higher & the water takes a lot longer to come through. this happens to me & i am 2 x DI also. after a couple of days use the pressure goes back to normal & the water pumps & flows right away. now, i only change new resin in 1 vessel at a time so i would immagine 2 vessels with new resin is even more pressure. i dont know why this happens but is quite normal.

Secondly, forget the RO with 100tds tap water, i think i've posted before on this but there are a few ways of making resin last twice as long, you've done the first with buying 2 vessels. i'll give you the rest if you need any more info.
I've gone from using at about 5 -25kg bags of resin per year down to 2. So my purifying expenses for the year are a grand total of about 140 quid!! with ALL the benefits & simplicity of pure water on demand! my tap tds is 106.

tony

macmac

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2007, 11:42:19 am »
Hi Steve, got the two vessels to save on resin, was told overtime this would be cheapest option

who on earth told you that?

if you live in anrea with 100 tdi and bought yourself an ro between 200-300 pound you woudnlt need any di cylinders

over time 2 cylinders is definately the dearer way of producing pure water your going to be told its the cheapest way because they need you to buy more resin more frequentley

for the record-   me. ;D

C-Thru.

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2007, 12:12:52 pm »
two replys....
1st.
 yes the connectors on my reel are brass ones and fit all hoselock fittings, available in any B+Q garden section.

2nd.

Thanks tony, yes any more info would be very helpful, cant set up an RO so have to go down this route of 2 DI vessels, so any more help with this I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks

Goochie

macmac

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2007, 12:47:05 pm »
goochie

this is my advise, some of which i must credit to this forum, this is what i do, firstly i would use DOWEX resin (i've tested it against purolite & it lasts far longer).
secondly, when your tds starts to rise above 000 (but dont pannic as 001/2/3 is still ok if your caught out during the day), take di vessel out of van, put a stop connector on each end & give the whole thing a really good shake up/down, side to side etc for a good minute or two. the objective here is to mix the resin up inside. after this let the vessel settle for 10 mins or so, run a couple of litres of water through it & hey presto!! back to 000tds. repeat this when tds starts to rise again but remember that each time you do this, the periods of 000tds will get shorter so frequent testing is advised untill you get used to it. obviousley the resin will eventually expire totaly & this is when the above no longer works & you will have to change to new resin.this is when you swap the vessels round.

As the water flows through the vessel it creates channels in the resin so only part of the resin is actually working ( the bit which the water flows through). by doing the mix-up thing, this changes that & so the flow starts to make a new channel through now fresher resin & so forth & so forth.
hope you get all that, its amazing how good this works & physically shaking the vessels IMO gives better results than backwashing them (just encase someone else posts to confuse things).

tony

billozz

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 02:37:21 pm »
goochie,
we have been to b&q and cant find those metal connectors, they have metal connectors that will fit a garden tap but our "hoselock" reel has a connector with a different size thread, sorry to be a pain, but do you know if the one on your reel will fit a garden tap, if so then the people that made your reel have obviously used a different size fitting to go through the centre of the reel.
thanks again
Bill

C-Thru.

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 05:44:13 pm »
hey bill, in b+q they sell plastic tap connectors, with one screwed inside the other so then you have both sizes cos taps come with two lots of threads. I bought on there last week was bout £1.90.
If your reel has the small size then you just obviously use the insert then screw your brass hose connector onto that.
Goochie

billozz

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 08:30:16 pm »
hey bill, in b+q they sell plastic tap connectors, with one screwed inside the other so then you have both sizes cos taps come with two lots of threads. I bought on there last week was bout £1.90.
If your reel has the small size then you just obviously use the insert then screw your brass hose connector onto that.
Goochie

goochie,
i have tried both of their fittings and neither of them fit my hosereel, which is made by hoselock, thats why i wondered if the one on your reel would fit onto a garden tap.....if it does then its not the same size as the one on my reel

C-Thru.

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2007, 09:51:03 am »
hey bill, sorry your having such a hassle, I will remove mine from reel and try it on a tap.
Goochie